Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI CONTROLLERS

Started by GuyM, August 30, 2014, 06:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyM

Hi Arlo
Thought I had this sorted but came back to the controller pedal after a few weeks and it is not working now...See previous topic "Using an FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller" 

I have 4 pedals on my FCB1010 pedal board set to send out MIDI CC 80-83 on Channel 5 (and I can monitor that happening using MIDI monitor app). This worked some weeks back

In SLM I have set the MIDI General Purpose Buttons 1-4 thus under Remote Control :-

MGPB1 = Next MIDI Preset
MGPB2 = Previous MIDI Preset
MGPB3 = Next Song
MGPB4 = Previous Song

The MIDI ICON Flashes with each press, but the MIDI message is not doing the function
has something changed as it does not recognise the CCs I already had working!...how can I tell what is happening in SLM?

arlo

Do you have the input port and channel in Settings > Remote Control set correctly, or left empty so the app listens on all ports and channels?

GuyM

Yes...tried
1. leaving MIDI INPUT CHANNEL and PORT blank
2. Setting MIDI INPUT to CHANNEL 5
3. Setting PORT to Behringer iStudio
The MIDI in coming in (as the ICON flashes) but the SLM app does not react to it as it did previously (See mail topic)

Can you test what CC the MIDI General Purpose Buttons 1 -4 are now looking for?

Now approaching tour time and need this to work asap please Arlo!

arlo

I don't know what email topic you're referring to. Please send a new message from Help > Request Tech Support now and include the URL of this thread.

GuyM

See previous topic "Using an FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller" 
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,514.msg719.html#msg719

do not know how to find that help page

arlo

Quote from: GuyM on August 31, 2014, 01:40:26 PM
do not know how to find that help page

In the app. If you are still using version 3, it's at Settings > General Settings > Troubleshooting > Request Tech Support.

GuyM

I am on V4 latest version now

Ok next time I am using the app I will send a report in.(I do not use the ipad for anything else)..meantime though..I think you have enough info (provided) to be able to look into it for me

Simple..it worked before..it does not work now...what has changed?
Guy

Christoph

Quote from: GuyM on August 30, 2014, 06:56:49 AMI have 4 pedals on my FCB1010 pedal board set to send out MIDI CC 80-83 on Channel 5 (and I can monitor that happening using MIDI monitor app). This worked some weeks back

In SLM I have set the MIDI General Purpose Buttons 1-4 thus under Remote Control :-
The MIDI ICON Flashes with each press, but the MIDI message is not doing the function
has something changed as it does not recognise the CCs I already had working!...how can I tell what is happening in SLM?

Just a wild guess: What controller VALUEs are you sending from the FCB? Depending on the "Button Style" SLM setting in "Remote Control", the app responds to values 64-127 when the "Momentary" option is selected. So if you send values < 64, set the SLM setting to "Latch" or change your FCB programming to values >= 64.

GuyM

Hi Christoph
As it says in my mails above

I was happilly sending Value 1 on CC 80-83 from the FCB and it all worked fine in SLM V3 when assigned to the MIDI General Purpose Buttons 1-4 (Remote Control)

So, I had better check the MOMENTARY vs LATCH settings ?? and make sure it is 'Momentary'

Thanks for the hint!!
Guy

GuyM

Hi folks
Yep Christoph was correct, in fact I had to set it to LATCH to get it to work...but what the heck...the FCB and SLM work together again...excellent
Cancel the panic buttons Arlo :)