Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi cc 63

Started by Gavanmuldoon, January 10, 2014, 11:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavanmuldoon

Hey arlo. I have an alesis io dock arriving to me this weekend and I notice the foot switch transmits midi cc 63. Can this be used for the next song feature. If so can you tell me how please. Cheers. Gavan. Spec included.

arlo

I have not added support for this because CC #63 is undefined in the MIDI spec. Ideally Alesis would let you change the message sent by the buttons and then you could select one of the defined MIDI messages that Set List Maker supports. You can upvote that feature request here:

http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/add_assignable_footswitches_to_the_iodock

I might add support for CC #63 even though it's undefined. I'll post back here if I do, or you can email me directly to request a direct email notification.

Gavanmuldoon

Forgot to say thanks arlo. Much appreciated. -gavan.

arlo

It turns out the second pedal on an iO Dock actually sends CC 64. This is defined as a Damper Pedal, which makes a lot more sense than the undefined CC 63. The upcoming Set List Maker version 4 will have an option to assign the Damper Pedal in Settings > Remote Control > MIDI Controller Messages. So you will be able to use a second pedal with the iO Dock at that time.

You can use the first pedal with an iO Dock now. The first pedal sends a MIDI Start message, which you can assign in Settings > Remote Control > MIDI System Messages.

Christoph

With the new iO Dock II things may become complicated again: According to the documentation, Alesis changed the controller numbers sent by the foot switches to #14 and #15, both undefined in the MIDI spec. As long as this is not again an error in the documentation, Set List Maker 4 will not be able to make use of these foot switches.  :( If somebody already has access to the device, can you check this?

Nordi

Quote from: Christoph on June 17, 2014, 03:38:04 AM
With the new iO Dock II things may become complicated again: According to the documentation, Alesis changed the controller numbers sent by the foot switches to #14 and #15, both undefined in the MIDI spec. As long as this is not again an error in the documentation, Set List Maker 4 will not be able to make use of these foot switches.  :( If somebody already has access to the device, can you check this?
Hi Christoph
Yes SLM cannot use that both CCs. I test a solution with another app, called Midibridge to map cc14 and 15 into maybe 64 and 65. in the next days i give a report...

Cheers Nordi

Nordi

Hi Folks - bad news, it do not work. i cannot find the problem, because SLM will frezze very often, if Midibridge is running in the background. so i give up for today.

cheers - Nordi

arlo

I haven't had any problems running MIDI Bridge in the background ... maybe you had some kind of loop that was sending the same data into Set List Maker repeatedly? That could make it crash.

You could also wait a few days and try version 4.0.6 when it is released -- that has some improvements to MIDI virtual ports:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html