Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Is it possible to add a Scroll Document to 0 command automatically?

Started by Pongo, September 16, 2014, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Hi Arlo,

Would you consider adding an option to globally enter, as the first entry into an Automation track, a Scroll Document to 0 command?
It seems logical, since most users would want their document to appear (consistently) at the beginning.

I'm still having the random issue of my documents not opening correctly in the Perform Layout, even after I have gone through them all prior to a show to ensure that they are in fact Scrolled to 0.

In another thread, you indicated that if an automation track ends prior to the completion of the song, it could be a cause for this type of problem. Many of my songs do have an automation track that ends after the last recorded event. I didn't realize [at the time] that the automation track would need to continue recording `no event' all the way through the duration of the song/recording. Perhaps, the fix in 4.0.6 will solve that issue, but until Apple posts the update...who knows.

I know that you've yet to figure out a solution for the automation overdub drift issue, but at this point I may have no other option than to overdub the scroll event into every one of my songs.

Thanks,

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on September 16, 2014, 10:16:26 AM
Would you consider adding an option to enter, as the first entry into an Automation track, a Scroll Document to 0 command?

Currently, starting an automation track does not "reset" all the possible parameters of a song, which is basically what you're asking for. If I were to do that, it would be better to do it automatically and for all parameters, rather than cluttering up the automation track with all those extra events. So far, nobody has asked for this functionality, so I'd rather leave it alone for now.

I think manual control over your saved zoom and scroll settings is a better solution for your particular problem, and that's already on my to do list for version 4.1.

Pongo