Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Best way to backup one iPad SLM to another iPad?

Started by opoteat, September 19, 2014, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opoteat

Is there a way to sync that will get all shows, sets, etc as well as songs?  I need to do this and I'm thinking iTunes  sync is only way.

arlo

If you want to do a one-time transfer of all your info to a new device, you can back up your old device to iTunes or iCloud, then when you set up your new device, choose the option to restore it from your backup.

If you want to do an ongoing sync between two devices, you can use the database sync feature:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/synchronizing_databases.html

In Set List Maker, this will not sync recordings, which you will have to install on each device using iTunes. In BandHelper, it will sync recordings.

opoteat

Will it sync pdf documents and images used as lyrics?  Thanks Arlo

opoteat

BTW, the reason I'm doing this is pretty cool.  I run my sound from the stage using Mackie's DL1608 app.  It has worked well with SLM but it doesn't stay connected, so every time I need to make an adjustment I have to wait 10-20 seconds for it to connect  and then make the change (usually to effects or EQ on main) and switch back to SLM.  On my old iPad I did a jailbreak and installed OS Experience, which lets you not only have multiple windows open it keeps them running in true multitasking mode... So now I have 90% of the screen showing sets/words and 10% showing master fader and effects fader.  Seamless integration that is a great experience.  If you are in the same boat I highly recommend it.

arlo

Will it sync pdf documents and images used as lyrics?

Set List Maker will not sync PDF or JPEG documents; BandHelper will.

BTW, the reason I'm doing this is pretty cool.  I run my sound from the stage using Mackie's DL1608 app.  It has worked well with SLM but it doesn't stay connected, so every time I need to make an adjustment I have to wait 10-20 seconds for it to connect  and then make the change (usually to effects or EQ on main) and switch back to SLM.  On my old iPad I did a jailbreak and installed OS Experience, which lets you not only have multiple windows open it keeps them running in true multitasking mode... So now I have 90% of the screen showing sets/words and 10% showing master fader and effects fader.  Seamless integration that is a great experience.  If you are in the same boat I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure how that relates to the need to sync data to another device. In any case, as the developer of Set List Maker, I do not advocate jailbreaking in any situation.