Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Time signatures

Started by Aquilinamusic, September 22, 2014, 02:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquilinamusic

If I want to create a song that has complex time signatures Could that be created in an external program and imported as midi data. For example, I have a composition that has six time signatures, is the metronome function works with this then I will be extremely happy if it doesn't please can you help this because at the moment I'm using my iPhone which has an app with functionality for multiple time signatures.

arlo

Set List Maker only supports one time signature per song.

What functionality are you trying to achieve?

Aquilinamusic

Currently I use an app called Metron, it allows me to program metronome patterns of multiple time signatures.
For example, the verse from one of my compositions has rotations of 4 bars, each of a different time signature: 6/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4  ::) :o (seems very odd, but believe me it grooves 8)), it then changes to 6/4 for the chorus and returns back to the 6/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4 rotation for another verse.

It would be extremely useful for the "one"' of each bar to be a different sound for practicing, along with being able to read the lyrics :-\ :-*.
I thought I would be able to create midi structures for these kind of patterns.

arlo

Currently I use an app called Metron, it allows me to program metronome patterns of multiple time signatures.
For example, the verse from one of my compositions has rotations of 4 bars, each of a different time signature: 6/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4  ::) :o (seems very odd, but believe me it grooves 8)), it then changes to 6/4 for the chorus and returns back to the 6/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/4 rotation for another verse.

Are you playing to a backing track or are your arrangements fixed? If so, I'd suggest recording custom click tracks that have all the changes you need. Set List Maker doesn't have the ability to change tempos or time signatures on the fly; I would look for a sequencer app for that kind of functionality.

It would be extremely useful for the "one"' of each bar to be a different sound for practicing,

You can change Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Downbeat Sound.

along with being able to read the lyrics :-\ :-*.

Are you not able to read the lyrics currently?

Aquilinamusic

I will investigate the sequencer apps