Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Open Document

Started by JC Thunder, October 11, 2014, 11:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Thunder

Hi all,

New to SLM.  I want to attach a doc but SLM is not listed as one of my Open In choices. I only have a few open in apps (less than the 10 limit).  I'm trying to avoid iTunes share.  Any ideas?

Uwe

hi,

what docs are we talking about?
rtf does not work due to ios8.
all others can be transferred by "open in" with slm.
the 10 limit is no longer there.

cheers
Uwe

JC Thunder

Thanks for the reply...

Regarding:
1. what docs are we talking about?
2. rtf does not work due to ios8.
3. all others can be transferred by "open in" with slm.
4. the 10 limit is no longer there.

1. I'm trying to load an excel doc into SLM
2. What is rtf?
3. I sent the doc to my email.  I open the doc and open the 'open-in' feature.  A few apps appear but SLM is not one of them?
4. I was watching a YouTube SLM tutorial about loading docs and they mentioned only 10 apps would appear in an 'open-in' display.  If you have more than 10 'open-in' apps...you would need to delete some to get SLM to appear.  I have less then 10.

arlo

A few points:

- The issue with RTF files in iOS 8 should only affect the display of files after they are copied into the app, not the copying of the files into the app.

- The limit of 10 apps in the Open In menu was removed in iOS 6. However, in iOS 8 you might have to tap the More button at the end of the Open In list and then rearrange the available apps so that Set List Maker is toward the top.

- Set List Maker cannot display Excel files, so that's the answer here. You should be able to save your Excel files as PDF and then load those into Set List Maker.

JC Thunder

Convert Excel to .pdf worked. Thanks!