Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Break times pause times and pause names in general settings

Started by Danny, October 11, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Hi Arlo hi guys

Great app, many thanks

I was scratching my head a bit tonight, I set pause time to 5 seconds, time between songs to 2 seconds, I was pretty sure at one point that when Song completion selects next song was engaged, can I call this auto play for clarity, these numbers meant something, but  after a while I realized that when the app reaches the pause I added in a list , the music stops,  or if it hits the next song it just plays it without a gap and nothing happens with relation to the amount of seconds you specify. Is this right?

I am Bit mixed up in Automation settings too over "Song completion action"  triggered by duration or recording, auto play only seems to work if recording is selected.

Sorry if this is simple stuff, but I don't understand,  in my database it says I have 212 songs, yet when I look at the recordings it says i have 8 but all the identical titles are there ? Selecting a title in one opens up vastly different menu to selecting the same title in the other. What is the difference between fiddling with duration in songs and tweaking trim from end in recordings.

Cheers

Danny

Danny

I added some money to the wages section, but so far my bank account hasn't changed either?

Serious, spent a lot of time fiddling with this today, what a great app

Very very clever,

Changing colors of song titles etc, brilliant for mr magoo types like me.

Thanks Arlo

arlo

I was scratching my head a bit tonight, I set pause time to 5 seconds, time between songs to 2 seconds, I was pretty sure at one point that when Song completion selects next song was engaged, can I call this auto play for clarity, these numbers meant something, but  after a while I realized that when the app reaches the pause I added in a list , the music stops,  or if it hits the next song it just plays it without a gap and nothing happens with relation to the amount of seconds you specify. Is this right?

I can't tell what you're asking here. Can you write this more clearly, with proper sentences?

I am Bit mixed up in Automation settings too over "Song completion action"  triggered by duration or recording, auto play only seems to work if recording is selected.

Same here, I can't tell what you are asking.

Sorry if this is simple stuff, but I don't understand,  in my database it says I have 212 songs, yet when I look at the recordings it says i have 8 but all the identical titles are there ?

It would be easier to answer this if you sent a message from Help > Request Tech Support and answered the questions there with a specific example.

Selecting a title in one opens up vastly different menu to selecting the same title in the other.

Tapping an item in the Songs list lets you edit the info for a song, and tapping an item in the Recordings list lets you edit the info for a recording. If this terminology is confusing, please see this page:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/glossary.html

What is the difference between fiddling with duration in songs and tweaking trim from end in recordings.

The duration you enter for a song determines how Set List Maker calculates the length of a show and may determine the auto-scroll speed and song completion action trigger, depending on how you configure those features. Changing the trim values for a recording causes Set List Maker to start or stop the recording from a later start point or earlier end point.

I added some money to the wages section, but so far my bank account hasn't changed either?

I can't tell what you're referring to here, but Set List Maker doesn't have any connection to your bank account.

Danny

Sorry Arlo

I am Manipulating text with no cursor since the iOS update on my pad, it's tricky to edit.

As I said in another post i am working away from home, I don't have adsl so you tube tutorials are out of the question at 3am.

Let's start again. I feel you are upset and I am only new here,  :) I presented my comments on the  open forum to save bothering you privately, hoping some one else  with experience of the app might jump in.

Re head scratching, I mean this. It's not a criticism,  merely my initial experience with the app

It is not or was not clear to me  after the initial installation of the SLM app, that adjusting the following parameters had no effect on the physical running of the show on the night.

Data base- danny- settings- general settings- defaults - time during breaks, time during pauses, time between songs - song duration

Data base- danny- settings- general settings- set names and pause names

I am sure other people could  jump to the conclusion that maybe these settings affected physical  playback  in the way  "completion  of a song " triggers the next song, aka  auto play, and would not initially presume these are for generating detailed timing reports for band members.

Regarding

Database - danny- shows- edit- pay. €300

And the lack of movement in my bank account, this is what we in the trade  call a joke

Many thanks Arlo

Regards

Danny

arlo

Let's start again. I feel you are upset and I am only new here,  :)

I'm not upset, just trying to understand what you are asking.

I am sure other people could  jump to the conclusion that maybe these settings affected physical  playback  in the way  "completion  of a song " triggers the next song, aka  auto play, and would not initially presume these are for generating detailed timing reports for band members.

The Time Between Songs does affect the song completion actions; Set List Maker will not select the next song until after the Time Between Songs has passed. Otherwise, these values are only used to calculate the length of your sets and shows.

Regarding the lack of movement in my bank account, this is what we in the trade call a joke

Oh, okay, I missed the joke.

Danny

Thanks Arlo

I just bought the database sync upgrade tonight, brilliant.

Danny

Danny

Upgrading to data base sync is the Best 3 euros I have ever spent, had a big problem with pad and had to delete and reinstall my apps, ten minutes later all my songs are back in their positions and all with the right labels,

Exported the data base to my phone, our adsl is less than a quarter of a Meg, all done in a few minutes.

Many thanks

Danny