Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

A question about editing layouts

Started by Danny, October 15, 2014, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

hi Arlo

Are there any consequences of editing the layouts that come with the clean install of the Slm app.

I got the layout the way I wanted it last night, list only Was my start point,

Just the songs on the left  with no added buttons, with a split screen containing the master volume and a split screen button and a recording button on the right.

This was perfect but  after about about four hours of playing around with the app, edit and  quick add on the bottom left corner totally vanished and edit on the right of the split vanished too.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it and thankfully had the database all backed up,

I am just wondering what other users have experienced and this is why I am not emailing this privately to you.

I find when I go to layouts like song only,  the black screen and big text of title and artist, it is hard to exit this screen, I find myself frantically tapping and getting nowhere.

Anyway, I am sorry if these are issues invoked by apples upgrades, just thought I would share it with you all

Cheers

Danny

arlo

Are there any consequences of editing the layouts that come with the clean install of the Slm app.

No, they are meant to be customized.

This was perfect but  after about about four hours of playing around with the app, edit and  quick add on the bottom left corner totally vanished and edit on the right of the split vanished too.
I deleted the app and reinstalled it and thankfully had the database all backed up,

Any glitch with the layouts could probably be solved by backing out of the show and then viewing it again. In the worst case, you can reset the layouts to the defaults with Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Layouts. There are very few cases in which I would recommend deleting the app, because that deletes all your data and all your settings but rarely fixes a problem that can't be fixed more directly.

I find when I go to layouts like song only,  the black screen and big text of title and artist, it is hard to exit this screen, I find myself frantically tapping and getting nowhere.

If you are viewing a layout that doesn't include the left navigation column, you would have to either use the resize button (drag or double-tap) to temporarily show the left column, or use the Layouts button to change to a layout that includes the left column, then you can access the back button.

Danny

Thanks Arlo

I am really happy now with the way it's set up, text as big as possible, access to the master volume and the record button,

Cheers

Danny

arlo

Danny

Sorry Arlo

I didn't know help troubleshooting reset layouts existed

I have not been in there much,

Once again I presumed everything in that section was all web links and have avoided and overlooked that physical reset layout  option so far,

There is only one problem backing out of a show at the moment, we discussed this in another thread, navigating out of the current show on a pad, kills the music and toggles the keyboard off too, not on the iPhone, is this likely to change in the future?

Many thanks Arlo, I hope you are keeping well today

Danny

arlo

There is only one problem backing out of a show at the moment, we discussed this in another thread, navigating out of the current show on a pad, kills the music and toggles the keyboard off too, not on the iPhone, is this likely to change in the future?

There's no way to leave the show and keep the music playing, in any version of the app.

Danny

Hi Arlo

I must need some sleep, I was convinced that the app behaved differently on my phone the other night at 5am, allowing me to navigate out of a show to the smartlsts without interrupting the music?  I must have dreamt it,

This is what prompted me to request the addition of the coloured buttons, shortcut to the first green song in the list, to maintain continuity.

Sorry mate, put it down to my age.

Cheers

Danny

Danny

Quote from: arlo on October 15, 2014, 10:05:25 PM
There's no way to leave the show and keep the music playing, in any version of the app.

Sorry Arlo

I knew I didn't imagine this, ok not exactly leaving the show, but...

On my phone

I select a set list and press play on a song

I press " edit songs"  the edit screen appears, I swipe to the bottom, press " add songs" and can navigate to the smart list page , press a song press save and return and not lose playback, the song appears as the last entry in the list, my  music is still playing.

On the pad, the music is cut as soon as I press edit in the bottom left tool bar.

Cheers

Danny

arlo

On an iPad, you can use the Quick Add button to add a song to your show without interrupting the audio playback. The same button is on the iPhone but it's just called Add to save space.

Playing audio while editing the show's songs with the Edit Songs button on an iPhone isn't a supported feature, so it's just lucky that that works and it might not work in the future.

Danny

Ok Arlo

I get it now, as I said put it down to my age.

Many thanks

Danny :P