Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Keyboard icon missing

Started by Danny, October 24, 2014, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Hi Arlo

I hope you can help,

I have created a database with 250 songs, this was my original database that  I have been using for the  last week or so, I am working from smart lists label view and have give my songs colors and have added numbers to the track titles, ok so everything was fine,

I created a new database with the same songs, and labeled them and coloured them in a manner that would suit a different type of show, so I have my original show for young people in the first data base and this new database for older audiences,

When I select the keyboard to appear on the top tool bar in my original show, it does and works fine with airturn, however the new database I have created does not display the keyboard icon, although sync and layout and midi and anything else I select appears as normal.

I have reset the layouts, but this does not bring the icon back, I am really struggling now and I feel I want to delete the app and start again, but you suggest this is not a good idea,

Both databases are  backed up on your server, via the sync upgrade,  but I do not have my laptop here right now, I feel I should back up to a pc, , but if I install I tunes on another pc, I will probably lose all my songs.

Is this the best course of action?

Sync both data bases, and then delete the app, and install it via the App Store using my pad ?

Many thanks

Danny

What do you suggest I do?

arlo

Is Settings > Appearance > Utility Buttons > Bluetooth Keyboard Messages turned on?

If so, please post or email a screen shot showing the problem.

Danny

Hi Arlo

I am afraid this is not my only problem, my database has lots of duplicate sings in, they are different colors and when you play them they are playing the wrong recording back.

I have gone through all the settings, midi and keyboard and sync and midi etc are all toggled on but the keyboard icon just does not appear?

I will grab a shot and post it later thanks

Danny

arlo

Please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support for the duplicate songs / wrong recordings issues.

Danny

Danny

Hi Arlo

I was sitting with the pad and the app for nearly 12 hours nonstop yesterday trying to figure this out, well after a bit of sleep and a fresh approach, i realize today that although you can ask the icons to be present, with relation to the keyboard, if you do not attach instructions to at least one key, the icon will not appear. I do not use midi and have not created any data for midi, but this icon appears if you ask it too.

Regarding my dupicate songs and misnamed recordings, I was trying to back up my data bases several times yesterday and my very very slow connection was down for hours at a time, so I will put my problems down to that, and maybe investigate that some songs have been deleted from the actual playlists on I tunes, and that the app is trying to load missing files?

Many thanks

Danny

arlo

i realize today that although you can ask the icons to be present, with relation to the keyboard, if you do not attach instructions to at least one key, the icon will not appear.

Ah yes, I had forgotten this myself, but from the release notes in version 4.0.6 when this was added:

"This button will only appear in the show view, and only when keyboard input actions are configured in Settings > Remote Control > Bluetooth Keyboard Input."

Regarding my dupicate songs and misnamed recordings, I was trying to back up my data bases several times yesterday and my very very slow connection was down for hours at a time, so I will put my problems down to that, and maybe investigate that some songs have been deleted from the actual playlists on I tunes, and that the app is trying to load missing files?

I'll look at the emails you sent about that.

Danny

Thanks Arlo

I have a few songs in my  itunes lists and by accident I have originally named the id3 tags of a few titles with a space before the first character, when I import these to SLM, they appear in the list of songs under the # header, normally I edit the space out, but I am finding these songs are the ones that do not play when I delete the app or reload the songs.

So it might all be down to me, as for the duplicates, not sure, but 12 hours of messing and puzzled angst might be a a contributing factor, it just did not occur to me that I would have to assign buttons to the keys first.

Many thanks

Danny

arlo

It sounds like the keyboard question is answered (also the screen shot you sent was of the Songs list, and the keyboard button will only appear in the show view) and in your email you said only one recording was affected. I'm not sure what you're saying above about the spaces in the recording names. Do you still have a question at this point?

Danny

Hi arlo

After my pad being invaded by U2

I have no further questions for you, only unending sympathy for good people who have to deal with the likes of Apple.

Many thanks, for your support Arlo,

I think physical backup on a hard drive is the safe bet from now on

Danny

Here is the picture of U2 invading my show on another app, there was never  308 songs in that list either?

arlo

FWIW, Apple products typically come with little to none of the built-in junk that comes pre-installed on other platforms. I think that's why people reacted strongly to the U2 giveaway -- nobody wants that to become a trend.

Danny

Hi arlo

I am not bothered that they gave the album away, I am just a bit concerned that it found its way on to my pad, and in to a playlist, I have not synced my pad to  my laptop for a while I can't check if Bono and co's  warblings found its way on to the laptop  because it's in another part of the country,

I am just curious as to how my set lists are all messed up on 2 separate iOS apps?

With relation to SLM, it was working perfectly, as was the other app,  it upgraded in the background  as did the other app I guess a few days ago, I was lablelling all my songs in SLM  with colours and numbers, and I was missing a song or two, and so I imported songs from a playlist and that's were it went wrong I guess?

So I think I do have a question for you,

When I have a new database, I load songs in to that data base with the import songs from a playlist option, ok so I go to "songs"  it says I have 195 songs

If I go to "recordings" it says I have 7, there are seven songs or recordings that have a space before the first letter of the title but I can see recordings and songs are identical at this point.

So normally in song view, I edit the title to get rid of the space and add colour and a number to the title in order for the songs to be in the right order when in smart list label view,

So as I said the other day, I thought I was missing a song so I added the playlist from a previous import again and ended up with the duplicate tracks, I don't think this is supposed to happen is it?

As an example the song list looks like this

01-don't be cruel- elvis( dark blue)

And

don't be cruel-elvis (dark blue)

So my question is this, when I edit the title and get rid of the space, and sync to the database, is this info recorded, as I find I keep getting the same songs in the song list view of the database under the # header after a re sync( I deleted the app a few times last week hoping a fresh install would bring the keyboard icon back)

Sorry if I am not clear, absolutely shattered right now, you will probably laugh being a Mac user, but I have found Winamp to be the best free software for the playing of backing tracks in a live environment,it's a shame that itunes doesn't have half of winamps essential features, like autopause, playlist file remover, multiple instances, font options etc.

Thanks Arlo

arlo

So my question is this, when I edit the title and get rid of the space, and sync to the database, is this info recorded, as I find I keep getting the same songs in the song list view of the database under the # header after a re sync( I deleted the app a few times last week hoping a fresh install would bring the keyboard icon back)

Set List Maker's import function is designed to not import duplicates, -but- if you change either the title, artist or duration for a song you previously imported from a playlist, Set List Maker won't catch the duplicate and will re-import the song with the original values. So if your recording titles start with spaces, and you remove those spaces from the Set List Maker song after importing, and then import the same playlist again, the songs you edited will be duplicated. The solution is to also remove the spaces from the recordings in iTunes, sync your device with iTunes, and then relink the songs to the renamed recordings. In short, you should get rid of the unwanted spaces at their source, or they will keep bugging you.

Danny

Thanks Arlo

Only have two more gigs this summer, and I am home and will do some housekeeping

Many thanks

Danny