Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Control Jamup with SLM -- It works!

Started by Keith, December 09, 2014, 11:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith

Hello,
Looks like a great app. I'd like to be able to change presets on another app on my iPad (Jamup) mid-song. I use MP3 backing tracks and I can see that associating the song with an MP3 files and then recording automation should do it. If that's correct, my question is, will SLM send MIDI to another app without going out and back in through a MIDI interface?

Keith
PS: I know Jamup will receive MIDI from other apps (such as OnSong), but OnSong won't send MIDI changes mid-song because of a bug and when they get the bug worked out, they don't have a way to time the changes accurately. Your automation recording seems like it would work great for that :-)

arlo

Yes, Set List Maker can send MIDI to other apps internal to your iOS device, without needing to go out and back in through a MIDI interface.

I have personally tested the play/stop MIDI messages with JamUp, so I know that app can receive MIDI while running in the background. I haven't tested it with program changes to change patches.

Keith

Thanks Arlo,
I'm going to buy it then and see if it works. I'll let you know :-)
Keith

Keith

You'll be happy to know, I fired up SLM, added a few MIDI presets that corresponded with Jamup presets, and recorded automation while playing back an MP3 track. When I played back the automation -- SLM switched presets in Jamup. Cool.

No more footswitches for me! Thanks Arlo.

arlo