Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature Request

Started by Daniel, November 26, 2014, 03:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi Arlo,

First off can I say that your app has helped our whole band and we use it on a daily basis. I'm currently working on a cruise and we all use your app on stage. However we want to incorporate using your smart lists more often, in particular the 'styles' list.

However we would like to be able to cross-pollenate a song into many lists. For example we would have a list of styles under the name "rock n roll" and some songs in this list will also be under another list called "60,s". Eg Jonny B Goode in the list "rock n roll" and also In the list "50's & 60's".

This will really help us out in the evenings. If people are loving the rock n roll we can just load up the correct styles list. And if they wanna hear some 50's & 60's but not limited to rock n roll we can load the list "50,s & 60's" and have the same songs in but more.

Is this possible? Hope you can help! And thanks once again!

Daniel.

arlo

Great, I'm glad you like the app.

Selecting multiple styles for a song is on my wish list, and I feel like there was a reason for not doing this, but I can't remember now.

This wouldn't give exactly the same result, but you could create separate custom fields like "genre" (rock & roll, country) and "decade" (50's, 60's) and then use the Smart Lists for "Songs by Genre" and "Songs by Decade." Then the songs would be grouped by the different custom fields in each Smart List, with a shortcut button for each group.

So to find a song from the 50's, instead of going to the "Songs by Style: 50's" Smart List, you'd go to "Songs by Decade" and then tap "50's."

You could experiment with that, but maybe don't rework your whole database until I can think about the styles more. I have an idea that I might be able to work into the next update.

Daniel

That'll be great. On the ships it'll be real handy, for example when people are loving rock n roll we can just use a Rock N Roll Genre, but after a few songs of the we get bored we can use a 50's, 60's smart list instead.

Look forward to the next update. And keep up the good work!! Many thanks,

Daniel.

arlo

I'm thinking that if I make the Styles menu multi-selectable, I should also rename it to Tags. It would function the same otherwise, but the name might be more intuitive, since people sometimes ask what the Styles are for. Any thoughts?

arlo

In the upcoming version 4.1 of Set List Maker, you can select multiple Styles for a song, and I renamed Styles to Tags to be more clear about how it works. If you view the Songs By Tag smart list, a song will appear in multiple sections if it has multiple tags (this is the only smart list that will show the same song more than once).

More info is here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html