Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Different views for different band members

Started by Davey0001, January 02, 2015, 11:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davey0001

Hi,

Does anyone know how to have different default views for different band members?

E.g. Keyboard player sees the format layout of the song plus midi sends
Singer 1 sees lyrics with their parts highlighted
Singer 2 sees lyrics with their differing parts highlighted
Drummer sees tap tempo
Etc

Or is this not currently a feature?

It would be very beneficial if this were possible.

Basically different users can customise their song view for during a performance.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

arlo

Everyone can select or create their preferred song layout when viewing a set list:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/changing_layouts.html

To show different content in the layouts, you can turn on some of the Personal Sync options in Settings > Personal Sync. For example, you could turn on the Lyrics option here and then each band member would have their own lyrics. However, this would mean that everyone would have to enter and maintain their own lyrics.

If you're attaching documents to songs instead of entering lyrics, you could set up a different document for each band member and attach them all to a song, then have the band members go in and mark their version of the document as Personal. When all the documents are marked as Personal in this way, then band members will only see the one document that they marked.

Davey0001

That sounds like a perfect solution.
I will give it a go.
Many thanks arlo.
Dave

Mandy

Hi Arlo,
<If you're attaching documents to songs instead of entering lyrics, you could set up a different document for each band member and attach them all to a song, then have the band members go in and mark their version of the document as Personal. When all the documents are marked as Personal in this way, then band members will only see the one document that they marked.

We attempted to do this with our account. We uploaded different sets of files for each band member. We each went in and marked our own sets of files as personal. Now, on my tablet, I can't view my own files. When I go back online and "unmark" a file as personal, I can all of a sudden view it on my tablet, and my personal files now appear first on the list for all of my bandmates. When I mark it as personal again, nobody can see it on their tablets, including my own. The document icon becomes greyed out and I can't see the document. When I uncheck "personal" all of a sudden it reappears. Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?

arlo

Are you logging into the web interface with one username and the app with a different username? That would explain the behavior you're seeing. You can check the app username at Settings > General Settings > User Name. If you change the username here, you might need to redownload the data with Settings > Account Sync > Reset Local Data to get the correct data for the new username.

Mandy

Unfortunately, no. I'm logged in as myself on both my tablet and on my laptop.
I'll send you an email with some screenshots so that you can see what I mean.