Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using Blueboard for multiple uses?

Started by Chrisskidgel, January 19, 2015, 03:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisskidgel

Hey there! I use SLM to control the presets in JamUp Pro xt. I have midi presets attached to my songs and everything works great! However, what I would love to do is use my Blueboard to change through the midi presets in a given song.
I would think I could do it with 2 of the pads on the blueboard, and the othe 2 could control parameters in jamup...
Does anyone know how I could do this?

arlo

You can go to Settings > Remote Control > MIDI Controller Messages and assign two of the General Purpose Buttons to Previous MIDI Preset and Next MIDI Preset.

However, this requires that you configure the Blueboard to send MIDI controller messages (instead of program change messages) from all of its buttons, so JamUp would need the ability to respond to controller messages as well. It might be able to do that, but I don't know.

Chrisskidgel

Thanks arlo! Actually, after I sent this I found a thread you sent that described the 4 buttons and the 080-083 numbers assigned to them. Everything works flawlessly!! Now I have my first two buttons controlling song changes, the third controls midi preset changes and the fourth controls things like Wah on/off or chorus, delay,etc...
SLM is quite and amazing tool!