Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tuner question

Started by Chrisskidgel, January 23, 2015, 06:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisskidgel

Hey there. Is it possibly that for us guitarists out there, to access the tuner of jamup whilst staying in SLM? Could it be that with press of a foot switch the "view" could switch to the tuner and then back again, hands free?

arlo

There's no way to see a part of one app while running another. You would have to fully switch to another app.

There's also no standard way to change apps programmatically (although there are some unstandardized ways that I would like to explore at some point). Until then, the quickest way to switch apps is a three-fingered horizontal swipe, which works just like alt-tab on a PC, and the second quickest way is a double-press of the home button and then a tap of the desired app.

Chrisskidgel

Understood. Wouldn't be cool if you could display a piece of another app whilst in SLM. Thanks for the info

Pongo

Or...just use an in-line tuner between your guitar and iPad. ;D

Very reliable and less taxing on the iPad's processor, IMHO.

arlo

Understood. Wouldn't be cool if you could display a piece of another app whilst in SLM. Thanks for the info

Sometimes rumors go around about Apple supporting functionality like this, but it hasn't happened yet. You could look into iOS widgets, but I've never used them myself and don't know how they work, or if a tuner widget is available.