Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Grey rectangular area on Document

Started by DennyB, January 27, 2015, 06:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennyB

Since last upgrade I am getting a grey rectangular box at the top of my Documents. It occurs when I touch the Document page once both before and after a double tap to full page view. It sometimes obscures some text.

If it is deliberate to indicate that a bad command has been made then make the box obvious by making it bigger and in the center of the screen. When Play has been started; then is not a convenient time to deal with the intro notes being obscured.

arlo

Does the gray box have buttons in it? What iOS version are you using?

DennyB

No buttons just blank grey wide rectangular box.
OS 5.1.1

Pongo

I had a similar issue (black rectangle was obscuring part of my document sometimes) and it was narrowed down to my device (iPad Mini running iOS 7.1) not being fast enough. Maybe yours is also a matter of `horsepower'?

arlo

Quote from: DennyB on January 27, 2015, 01:00:19 PM
No buttons just blank grey wide rectangular box.
OS 5.1.1

That gray box is supposed to contain some document management buttons, but they weren't appearing in iOS 5 in version 4.1. This was fixed in version 4.1.1, which you can download now.

You can also read about the changes to document configuration in this thread:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html

Quote from: Pongo on January 27, 2015, 01:54:10 PM
I had a similar issue (black rectangle was obscuring part of my document sometimes) and it was narrowed down to my device (iPad Mini running iOS 7.1) not being fast enough. Maybe yours is also a matter of `horsepower'?

I think that's a separate problem where a document is not completely rendered onto the screen in low memory situations.

DennyB

OK. Got the icons. I find that I can make the box go away with a single tap but it's another action to take, or remember to take, in the Play Recording; Document Expand routine. Is the box optional. What do you call it.

arlo

It's called the document toolbar, and it will only appear if you single-tap the center of the document. If you want to toggle the full-screen display of the document, you can double-tap the center of the document and the toolbar won't appear.

DennyB

OK, I see it.

An observation, which is probably somewhat unique to my practice, as I have my iPad at a height of 5' on a straight mic-stand with the inherent flexibility/instability. Taps on the screen can be inaccurate. Double-taps even more so. For me the introduction of the double-tap hasn't been beneficial.

Regarding the Document Toolbar; the arrows are obvious but what is the icon to the left of that and what does it do. The Cross and Check are greyed out. What is their purpose?

arlo

If you want to use full-screen lyrics and you don't want to toggle that with tapping, you can use a song selection action or a remote control action. You can also stay in the full-screen view and change songs without leaving that view by swiping or using remote control actions or song completion actions.

The X icon resets the zoom level to the default size; the checkmark saves a zoom level; and the marker icon opens the annotation toolbar, which is only available for documents, not lyrics.