Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Help with SLM and midi control with MYDMX 2.0

Started by LOTP, April 29, 2015, 03:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOTP

OK I just bought MYDMX 2.0 by American DJ and I want to send a midi signal to trigger a particular scene I've created in the program.  So far I cannot get MYDMX to recognize a midi signal coming from SLM.  I have been able, however, to get MYDMX to recognize and trigger using a keyboard hooked up directly to it via USB.  I am using iconnect midi2+ as the interface and I'm not sure if my problem is within the iconnect interface or sending the wrong codes?  I even went so far as to have SLM midi learn the code from that particular key I hit on the keyboard and then resending that code through with SLM without absolutely no luck. I've used SLM and iconnect2 to make program changes on keyboards and guitar processors without any problems but that was using the DIN outs and not straight USB into the computer.  Anybody familiar with this software or have any suggestions?  Am I completely missing something here?  Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

arlo

First, what kind of hardware are you running Set List Maker and MYDMX on?

Second, can you run a MIDI monitoring app on the machine that MYDMX is on to see if it is receiving any MIDI from the device that Set List Maker is on? Then you can further narrow down the problem by sending MIDI from a MIDI testing app on the device that Set List Maker is on. Basically, take Set List Maker and MYDMX out of the equation and just focus on the device connectivity first.

LOTP

I actually finally got the light scene to trigger thankfully, (seemed like the iconnect just needed a reboot then it started sending messages no problems and it was triggering just fine)... but now I've run into another problem.  I want to play my backing tracks through the headphone output and right now it's trying to send the audio via the usb connection. When I have the iconnect hooked up and running I can't hear the audio off my ipad like normal, but they are in fact playing which I can see in SLM but can't hear. Hopefully this is an easy fix?  Thanks for your quick response!

arlo

You can try changing the output ports in Settings > Audio & MIDI. If you need more help or you have additional questions on other topics, please start a new thread for each topic.

LOTP

Thanks Arlo, I believe it's a inconnect midi2 problem.  I read where it automatically tries to send audio via usb once you connect it to an ipad/iphone.  This is the only midi interface that I know of that can actually send audio and midi.  Not a problem with your app at all but great stuff nonetheless!  ;D

arlo

I'm trying to resist getting into too much detail because this thread is about a different issue, but if your MIDI interface is also a USB audio interface, then you can use the output port settings in Settings > Audio & MIDI to route the audio to the headphone port.

LOTP

Thanks Arlo, like I stated before I figured out it wasn't your app at all.  It was the midi interface itself! Your app works like a champ once the midi interface works as intended :)