Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

suggestion for set list mode

Started by MickeyKeys, February 10, 2015, 09:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyKeys

Would it be possible/practical to have the document icon also displayed on the expanded screen in set list view? Say, in the top or bottom right corner. This way when a new song is selected either automatically or manually, you would have the option of waiting to start scrolling from that screen instead of switching back to the split screen, stopping/starting scrolling and re-expanding the lyric screen.

I found myself wishing for that last weekend because it would reduce the number of times I'd have to switch back and forth.  Since our pauses for songs aren't always uniform, it would br a great help.
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".

arlo

What do you mean by "the expanded screen"? Can you post a screen shot, or list the steps that you are using to get to that?

MickeyKeys

Can't do a screen shot from work . . . so I'll try this :):

Repertoire>>Set Lists>>

Now pick a set, any set :)

I use the split view with the numbered list on the left side, and Lyrics/chords on the right.
At this point depending on the settings, scrolling starts either automatically or manually with a tap on the document icon.

Double-tap the right side so the lyrics/chords fill the screen.

*Here* is where I'm thinking the addition of a document icon - a "pause/play button", if you will - to start/stop/suspend scrolling would be a big help at a minimal cost of screen "real estate".

If it were in the top right or bottom right corner, chances are it wouldn't be a distraction to those who don't need it.
- Mike

arlo

Instead of double-tapping the lyrics to expand them to full-screen (which is literally full-screen, with nothing else on the screen), can you try using the Song Only layout? This shows the lyrics almost full-screen, but with some buttons on the side, including the document button to control auto-scrolling. Then you can quickly toggle the list when needed with the list display button, which should be part of the predefined Song Only layout, or you can bypass the list by changing songs with a horizontal swipe or by adding the Next Song and Previous Song buttons to your layout.

MickeyKeys

Hmm . . . I will have to check that out. As long as I can quickly go back and forth between a list and (almost)full screen lyrics it might be a good workaround.

EDIT - Very promising. I keep trying to stump you :) and every time I find out you were ahead of me, LOL!
- Mike