Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Document display issues on Android

Started by Merlimau26, February 14, 2015, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlimau26

Hi Arlo

With SLM version 1.2.2 I get weird views of the documents in Show view (Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 with Android 4.1.2). I have always the automatic scroll for documents on. First document of a Show view is ok. Tap on the second: sometimes as well. Tap on the third song the document is just blank/white while time counter is running. Only by tapping on the document or stop the counter the document gets visible. Sometimes it gets visible after 3 seconds or so.

Change Show view from landscape to portrait: same behavior. Change back from portrait to landscape the document is moved to the right and the Show layout is not correct shown anymore (icons are disappeared).

Cheers
Merlimau

arlo

With SLM version 1.2.2 I get weird views of the documents in Show view (Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 with Android 4.1.2). I have always the automatic scroll for documents on. First document of a Show view is ok. Tap on the second: sometimes as well. Tap on the third song the document is just blank/white while time counter is running. Only by tapping on the document or stop the counter the document gets visible. Sometimes it gets visible after 3 seconds or so.

Can you turn off auto-scrolling and see if the problem still occurs?

Change Show view from landscape to portrait: same behavior. Change back from portrait to landscape the document is moved to the right and the Show layout is not correct shown anymore (icons are disappeared).

This sounds like a different problem, and one that would be easiest to troubleshoot with a new message from Help > Request Tech Support and a couple screen shots.

Merlimau26

Switch off auto-scrolling: landscape is OK. Tap on a songs, all the documents show up. Turn the tablet to portrait: tap on the first three songs, documents are visible. Tap on the fourth or so, docuement is just blank. Wait a couple of seconds (5-6 sec.) the document appears. Turn the tablet back to landscape: Layout is OK. The document shows up as descript above.

Switch on auto-scrolling: on thr first three or so songs documents appear with some "delay". Document on the fourth song is blank first and appears after a while (5-13 sec depends on the document lenght). Then I see that the countdown is zero and the document starts to scroll. After scrolling, the countdown appears again with the original minus amount. After the countdown is finished again, the up arrow appears.
Tap on different songs in the same Show: the running countdown proceeds as he was before tapping to another song and back.

I assume something with calculation is wrong.

Cheers
Merlimau

arlo

Switch off auto-scrolling: landscape is OK. Tap on a songs, all the documents show up.
Switch on auto-scrolling: on thr first three or so songs documents appear with some "delay".

Okay, I'll check and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Document on the fourth song is blank first and appears after a while (5-13 sec depends on the document lenght). Then I see that the countdown is zero and the document starts to scroll. After scrolling, the countdown appears again with the original minus amount. After the countdown is finished again, the up arrow appears.

I would need to see a Help > Request Tech Support message with a specific example to look at, but an auto-scroll pre-roll and post-roll is normal depending on your settings:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/performing.html#autoscroll

Merlimau26

Just send the Request Tech Support message and a short video.

Cheers
Merlimau

Merlimau26

Issue solved with Android version 1.2.3 (on my Samsung Note 10.1). In Show: after tap a song the document appears immediately even in the automation mode