Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Database file [android] backup

Started by twostick, February 21, 2015, 04:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twostick

Hi,

Were can I find the database file(s) of SetlistMaker in the android system so that I can back it up personally?
I case of trouble (of course JUST for an performance) I want to be able to restore quickly and not be dependant of some google service I have not clue of if it works. Copying a file for my pc to android is easy.

arlo

I recommend using one or both of the backup methods described in the last FAQ on this page:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/FAQ.html

I don't know about Google's system, but I've restored from an iTunes backup numerous times and it worked flawlessly.

You'd have to jailbreak your Android device to access the folders where the app data files are stored. I wouldn't be able to provide any help with that approach.

twostick

Maybe I should take a subscription on Bandhelper.
For I understand It would do syncing (like the in app purchase) but also let me manage / update /expand my data base by using a web-interface.
Is that correct? Also for Android?

Questions I did not find:
- I found a trial possibility. How long is this trial?
- I found the monthly pricing.
  How does your App subscription financially work?
  - Do I have a minimum of one year subscription?
  - If I want to stop; how is that done?

PS. If the product/service is OK, you have a new customer. I'm not seeking a cheap "do-something-get-out" option.
I value SetlistMaker already very high (awesome job!).

arlo

Maybe I should take a subscription on Bandhelper.
For I understand It would do syncing (like the in app purchase) but also let me manage / update /expand my data base by using a web-interface.
Is that correct? Also for Android?

Correct. The Android version doesn't have all the functionality of the iOS version yet, but it will eventually:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/main/features.html

Questions I did not find:
- I found a trial possibility. How long is this trial?

30 days.

- Do I have a minimum of one year subscription?

The minimum subscription length is one month.

- If I want to stop; how is that done?

You would just not renew when your subscription expires. There is currently no auto-renewal option, but you will get a reminder email before your subscription expires. And then you can just ignore it.

PS. If the product/service is OK, you have a new customer. I'm not seeking a cheap "do-something-get-out" option.
I value SetlistMaker already very high (awesome job!).

Thanks!