Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature request: Swipe transition/gesture

Started by Jeff, February 26, 2015, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Can you please add a swipe transition/gesture when swiping between songs? SLM 3 used to have this feature (it was extremely helpful).

I realize gestures in iOS7 changed, but they added a ton more swipe transitions in iOS7. Personally I use PDF documents in full screen view. But when swiping between songs it doesn't always catch (as many have noted in the forums since SLM 4's release). So you sometimes have to try a few times. Then the change happens so fast without any visual indicator that I end up swiping to the wrong song.  If, however, there were a visual indicator that the swipe was in fact happening correctly (like a swipe gesture), it would fix the problem.  It doesn't need to be fancy like a page flip, just a simple swipe is fine (preferred).  Heck, any swipe gesture is better than nothing - even if our only option is one of the fancy ones introduced in iOS7.

Currently my only workaround is to back out of each song (back to the list view every single time) - which feels clumsy on stage. Yes, I could buy a foot pedal (I'm actually looking at some now for scenarios where I use a guitar on stage), but the pedal won't always be an option.  Can we please have this feature back again? :)

arlo

The animation does not appear with full-screen documents, that's true. That's on my to do list.

I've never been able to reproduce a problem with the swipe not working consistently, although I sometimes hear about that. You must swipe within 10 degrees of horizontal, at least a half inch in distance, within a tenth of a second. That's not excessively straight, far or fast, but in cases where people sent me videos of their swiping problems, they were swiping at an angle or for a very short distance.

Have you tried using a song-only layout instead of a totally full-screen document? Then you will see the animation, and you can also add optional next/previous buttons to change songs by tapping instead of swiping:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/changing_layouts.html

Jeff

I just tried the swipe in the song layout. That animation is perfect. Unfortunately the song layout uses up too much real estate for my taste.

+1 on the vote to add the swipe animation to full screen mode :)

arlo

Quote from: Jeff on February 26, 2015, 10:03:54 AM
I just tried the swipe in the song layout. That animation is perfect. Unfortunately the song layout uses up too much real estate for my taste.

You can customize it if you want ... remove things you don't need and make the document bigger....