Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bandhelper, first steps

Started by twostick, March 01, 2015, 02:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twostick

Goal: I have a tablet with SLM and database.  I want to synchronize and continue this in Bandhelper.

Steps so far:
-  Took a trial on Bandhelper (so artist for now) , filled in all stuff and bandhelper opens.
Q) Referrals: what do I need to fill in? I tried my username, google account -> error.

I'm reading synchronization / linking help, but I'm missing -where- I enter ID-data (google acount ? / Database name , whatever) so BandHelper can sync with my database.
A quicks steps list for these things would be so handy.

PS. subforum setlistmaker has an "other" folder. I would have placed this in subforum bandhelper but I could find a suitable folder.

twostick

I don't get it at all.
opened SLM on my tablet and go into database Sync. Don't see any Bandhelper account things.
Tried the password for my Bandhelper, but then SLM want's to do an in app purchase.
I don't get it; as far as I know this is a feature of bandhelper and when I purchase this I don't need the in app purchase.

twostick

Bandhelper itself is also an App.......now I'm totally confused.
Please clarify..
How do I proceed from starting with Setlistmaker and the hours spend on creating the database, into bandhelper?
Ofcourse -without- entering the database all over again

twostick

- installed also bandhelper on the same tablet
- looking for an export in Setlistmaker... can't find...
- looking for an inport in Bandhelper.. can't find...
I did my best past 2.5 hours, but I need your help. Probably very easy if you know how.

Tinto Verano

Do you know that there is a website for band helper with lots of information?
Check that page and the description how to export your database from Setlistmaker to band helper.
The export is not that difficult...

arlo

You need to use the (free) BandHelper app with a BandHelper account. This has everything in the Set List Maker app plus the additional BandHelper functionality.

If you log into the BandHelper web interface and click Account > Import, you'll find instructions for importing your data from Set List Maker.

The referrer field accepts a BandHelper account name, if another member referred you to the product. This gets them a 10% discount on their subscription.

And yes, BandHelper has its own website with Tutorials and Help sections:

http://www.bandhelper.com

arlo

PS. subforum setlistmaker has an "other" folder. I would have placed this in subforum bandhelper but I could find a suitable folder.

I'm moving this thread to a new Account Help area in the BandHelper forum.

twostick

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

twostick

@Thomas:
Yes, and I have gone over and over in the Bandhelper tutorials.  I just couldn't  find what Arlo just told me.
Maybe you can give me the link of this page? I really would like to read that also.

arlo

Import instructions are here, is that what you're looking for?

http://www.bandhelper.com/account/import.html

You have to be logged in to see that page.

twostick

Yes! That's exactly what I missed past Sunday. And I just couldn't find a link to this in the tutorials.
So no, problem I go from here.
Thanks again.

twostick

Sorry guys, maybe I'm getting crazy, but the instructions don't bring me further.

If I do "Settings > Database Sync and tap Sync Now" it prompt me to do the in App Purchase.
Is that required before I can export to bandhelper? If so,  than please state which App I have to buy because none of the 4 listed purchases revers to "export to bandhelper"

If I try: "Go to Settings > General Settings > Troubleshooting and tap Export to BandHelper"
- Under General Setting there's -no- troubleshoot .... None of the other enties reveal an "export to Bandhelper"
-  There is an troubleshoot under help in the main database menu. But in this submenu I can't find any "Export to BandHelper" over there
-  None of the other main database menu entries show an export to Bandhelper.

Can it be that the Android-version is missing something?

Above is done in the Setlistmaker App. Most likely when speaking of "export to bandhelper".  But as it is not exactly is stated in which app the actions need to be made, I Also tried to find them in Bandhelper App and the web-application. Also no luck.....

So I really don't know what else I can do. Any detailed help highly appreciated to solve this mystery...

arlo

If I do "Settings > Database Sync and tap Sync Now" it prompt me to do the in App Purchase.
Is that required before I can export to bandhelper? If so,  than please state which App I have to buy because none of the 4 listed purchases revers to "export to bandhelper"

You don't need to use the database sync feature to export to BandHelper.

If I try: "Go to Settings > General Settings > Troubleshooting and tap Export to BandHelper"
- Under General Setting there's -no- troubleshoot .... None of the other enties reveal an "export to Bandhelper"
-  There is an troubleshoot under help in the main database menu. But in this submenu I can't find any "Export to BandHelper" over there
-  None of the other main database menu entries show an export to Bandhelper.
Can it be that the Android-version is missing something?

Ah, yes, this option is not available in the Android version yet. That's on my to do list. If you send me a message from Help > Request Tech Support in Set List Maker, I should be able to complete the import manually for you.

twostick

Ok then... not crazy at all  8)
I'll send you that message but have a reahearsel to night.
Does the tablet need to on and wifi connected after the email for you to get the data?

arlo

No, the data I need should be included in the Request Tech Support message.