Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Copy/paste from Ultimate Guitar app

Started by ericdarnell, April 09, 2015, 07:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericdarnell

I use Ultimate Guitar to get most of my guitar tabs.  Do you know if there is a way to copy text from the UG app into SLM?  I have to go to the web version and it is harder to copy and paste.

Thanks!

Eric

arlo

Is the problem with copying text in that app, or pasting text into mine? If the problem is with copying from that app, it would be best to ask them about it. They might have disabled the copy function to prevent you from using other apps.

MickeyKeys

Quote from: arlo on April 09, 2015, 09:23:06 AM
Is the problem with copying text in that app, or pasting text into mine? If the problem is with copying from that app, it would be best to ask them about it. They might have disabled the copy function to prevent you from using other apps.

I've tried this a few times. The issue seems to me is that unless you're a paid subscriber, it's difficult to copy from UG.

I've never been able to do it with the iPad or a tablet, and gave up trying in pretty short order.

However, on a PC, you can click and hold at the END of the song, swipe upwards to the beginning to highlight and then right click/copy.

Having done that, open a fresh Notepad document and paste the text into it.

Then Select All, and Copy. By doing this you "wash" all the HTML formatting from the web page off the text.

Then you can paste the "clean" Notepad text into the Bandhelper web interface.

Anyway, it works pretty well for me . . .
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".