Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

ChordPro questions

Started by chuckpuckett, March 05, 2015, 09:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckpuckett

Well, I'm in that typical newbie mode where I'm using the app and learning and unlearning and relearning.  :)

I spent quite a bit of time PDF'ing our songs. Then more time PDF'ing to use huge font and fill up "every" page to account for SLM scrolling to the end of a PDF page regardless of whether there was text past a certain point.

[btw: I used what I thought was a pretty cool trick to create PDFs for those so inclined. In Word, where I edit the original doc, choose Page Layout/Margins/Narrow Margins. This provides maximum extent on the page, and more importantly, reduce the bottom & top margin so that when the doc does a page turn there's very little blank space.]

But then, my other guitarist wanted chords everywhere (I had a habit of leaving them off except where I happened to be unsure :) ), plus he wanted uncapo'd versions. Sigh. So I started looking at other approaches, and discovered ChordPro format (something I've never needed). I read what the SLM help webpages had to say about it, and it looks interesting, but before I spend another hunk of time, thought I'd get some better idea of how it might work.

• There seems to be quite a bit of support for chord manipulation in the Chord window: transposing, for instance. If I use ChordPro style lyrics, will transposition apply to those chords as well? If so, we can all apply our capos independently.
  • Can I use a monospaced text file as feeder document and have SLM recognize ChordPro format, or do I need to enter the lyrics directly in Lyric window?

Thanks for any help or opinions.

Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show... I only want to borrow it for a while"
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.bimini-road.com
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

chuckpuckett

Never mind about the transposition. It works fine. Yay!
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

Quote from: chuckpuckett on March 05, 2015, 09:48:11 AM
Can I use a monospaced text file as feeder document and have SLM recognize ChordPro format, or do I need to enter the lyrics directly in Lyric window?

You would need to enter the lyrics into the Lyrics field.