Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Basic/Pro account options

Started by arlo, March 06, 2015, 09:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the minimum feature set your band could use?

The Repertoire module, without MIDI, device linking or automation tracks.
6 (23.1%)
The Repertoire module, with MIDI, device linking and automation tracks.
8 (30.8%)
The Repertoire module and at least one other module (Schedule, Finance, Stage Plots).
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

arlo

In the near future, I'd like to add at least one lower-cost subscription option for BandHelper. The current, all-inclusive accounts would become Pro accounts, at the current pricing. Then I would add a Basic account, without the Schedule, Finance and Stage Plots modules and without MIDI, device linking and automation tracks, for half the current prices.

Now I wonder if I should add a third option in between these two. It would include MIDI, device linking and automation tracks (all the functionality of the Repertoire module) but without the other modules.

By the way, existing subscribers will be able to take advantage of the new price savings by switching to a lower-cost option, which will extend the expiration date by applying the new cost to the value currently remaining on the account.

Christoph

For us MIDI in the Repertoire module is essential, but we could do without automation tracks and to a lesser extent also without screen sharing.

CodeBlue

i suggest an 'either-or', and keep your life simple.  Repertoire only, or repertoire+plus.  The reason being... one guy might think  "I just need Stage Plots and Repertoire", while someone else just wants MIDI and device sharing.  Unless you can itemize-cost model each individual module, somebody is going to feel wronged.   On the flip-side, since you have database trend info, you might be able to determine who-is-using-what.  I don't know the schema...so maybe you can't trend usage.  I suspect you can though.

siktracy

We use the song list\set lists and the scheduling the most.

arlo

Quote from: CodeBlue on March 06, 2015, 12:20:07 PM
i suggest an 'either-or', and keep your life simple.  Repertoire only, or repertoire+plus.  The reason being... one guy might think  "I just need Stage Plots and Repertoire", while someone else just wants MIDI and device sharing.  Unless you can itemize-cost model each individual module, somebody is going to feel wronged.

You're right that someone will want a particular combination of features that I don't offer ... but if I can identify bundles of features that match what the largest groups of people expect from the service, that will generate the least complaints.  :P

waxout

Believe it or not the Schedule is our most used function.  Where everyone can just mark the days they are not available and I (booking) can answer immediately when asked to book.

Next is repertoire.   

Gianni_G

I mostly use the repertore section; don't care that much about automation, don't care at all about midi :)
The schedule section is great too.
For my needs a basic package including repertoire and schedule would be a good entry solution.

arlo

I ended up creating just two account options. The Pro option is what exists now, with all functionality, at the current prices. The Basic option is just the Repertoire module, with all the repertoire functionality (including all the functions that require in-app purchases in Set List Maker) for half the price.

I might add a third price point in the future, but for now the main goal is to encourage Set List Maker users to switch over. So the Basic option serves as a direct alternative to Set List Maker.

Anyone who is currently using BandHelper and doesn't need the Schedule, Finance or Stage Plots modules will be able to downgrade to the Basic option to reduce their subscription cost. When this goes live in about 10 days, I'll email account owners with more info.

MickeyKeys

Quote from: arlo on March 31, 2015, 05:32:34 PM

Anyone who is currently using BandHelper and doesn't need the Schedule, Finance or Stage Plots modules will be able to downgrade to the Basic option to reduce their subscription cost. When this goes live in about 10 days, I'll email account owners with more info.

Nice idea! However, I don't see myself downgrading. Repertoire is by far most important to me, but I would not want to give up the functionality of Schedule.

Our stage plots consist basically of: "You set up over there" and "hey, don't put those FOH speakers in front of my face", LOL. So no pressing need for that.

As for Finance, all it does is remind me that I'll probably not live long enough to amortize my gear purchases :(
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".