Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Eliminating blank lines with ChordPro

Started by chuckpuckett, March 06, 2015, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckpuckett

Gonna ask this here first, since I don't know if this is "standard" ChordPro behavior, or an artifact of SLM.

I have a few songs that stay on the same chord for several lines. When I enter this in Lyrics window:

[E]Marie, Marie
Marie, Marie
Dit on Marie, je parle Marie
J'aim tu Marie
J'aim tu Marie

I get this in SLM:

E
Marie, Marie
Marie, Marie

Dit on Marie, je parle Marie

J'aim tu Marie

J'aim tu Marie

How do I collapse this and get rid of the extraneous lines? I didn't see anything in the ChordPro description (which is, after all, pretty simple) that led me to think this would happen, or providing formatting directives to prevent it. If this is a ChordPro issue, let me know.

Thanks!
Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show... I only want to borrow it for a while"
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

Since I implemented the ChordPro formatting with my own code (and I didn't implement the whole spec, just the chord placement with square brackets), then any problems are probably mine, too. I'll test with your example and see what results I get.

arlo

chuckpuckett

Hurray! That takes care of my 1 chord song :)
Whats the turnaround time on cert or whatever the process?
Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show... I only want to borrow it for a while"
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

The last few releases were approved in 6 days.

RDankert

Thanks for eleminate this problem. But, sorry, there is a new one:
If I definitly want a blank line in the lyrics window because off the structure in the songtext (vers A, vers B, refrain ...), it is not possible yet (???). But it is good to have blank lines in Lyrics, especially on the wanted position!
Sorry for my "german" english.

arlo

chuckpuckett also mentioned this new problem. I'll check into it and report back.

mspain

Arlo,

Yes please let us know about this one. Since the 4.1.4 update all blank lines are being stripped in any chord pro formatted lyrics. They are there in the edit lyric field but stripped in the display. Basically we don't want a blank line unless we have specifically entered one (but then we definitely want one!).

Thanks again for your hard work on this. You have a great program!

Mark

arlo

mspain

Just got the update and it looks great. Thanks for getting this fixed so fast!

arlo

RDankert

Also thanks for the work!!!
"Let's drink for the hard working people."

Reinhard