Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems with Midi and Alesis IODock again

Started by Splepp, March 04, 2015, 11:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splepp

Hi everybody
I already use setlist maker for years now.
Especially for all the Midi messages, that I now don't have to remember and to do by myself.
I use it for two keyboards via Alesis IODock  and internal for IPad Apps, especially Sample Tank.

But in the latest time I have some trouble with it  and the Alesis IO Dock.
When I play something on my Keyboard, I get a lot of loops and noise by  the App.
What I Mean is: the app seems to cause some loops in the midi sound messages, coming in from the Keyboard and going back TO the keyboard and so on.

So I have to remove either Midi in or out cable, to stop it each time....
So I can't use the Midi Capabilitys at all! That's horrible. All my Gigs are very stressful now!
Does somebody knows why? Some help there?

Stefan

Somebody knows why? Some Help?

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

arlo

Do you know what changed that triggered the problem?

Do you have Settings > Audio & MIDI > MIDI Options > MIDI Through turned on, and does turning it off make the problem stop?

Splepp

Hi Arlo
Really don't know. There have been so many changes with the latest updates.
But turning midi thru off I tried and it didn't change anything..,
But the problem doesn't exist with another midi adapter, like IRig...

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

arlo

I mean do you know what you changed -- installed an app or iOS update, changed your app settings, got a new MIDI cable, etc. If the problem suddenly appeared, then the easiest way to troubleshoot it is to think about things that you changed right before the problem appeared.

Splepp

Hi Arlo
The only change  in between  seems to be the update of the app.
Of course I'm not shure. I update all apps as soon as there is one update...
There has also been an update of sample tank in between and lots more.
But the problem also exist if set list maker is the only active app.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk

arlo

Have you checked with Alesis about problems with the iO Dock? If the problem doesn't occur with an iRig interface, that might be the best place to look.

Set List Maker's MIDI functionality hasn't changed in a while, and I haven't heard of a problem like this from anyone else.

Are you sure no other MIDI apps are running? From what you're describing, it sounds like a problem of routing your MIDI messages. You could restart your device, then only launch Set List Maker, to be sure.

Or if you can provide a more detailed description of the problem, with examples, that might help someone see what the problem is.