Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Variable Scroll Speed

Started by chuckpuckett, March 31, 2015, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckpuckett

Sometimes, as I am trying to tweak the scroll speed to match reality, I have encountered a situation where reducing the Remaining Duration time (or whatever it's called, when you're in Manual mode) seems to have little or no effect on the scroll. I noticed when the lyrics always 'ran out" at the same place (ie, still not going fast enuf). To compensate, I keep lowering the duration.

Finally, out of frustration, I just let it scroll on past the slow spot. Then, toward the end of the song, scrolling suddenly speeded up (kinda like "Uh-oh! I'm running out of time here!). Right at the end, it's just ripping along.

Rebooting, like so many remedies, fixed the problem.

Anybody else see this? It's occasional with me, and only happens when I'm tweaking the scroll speed.
Chuck Puckett
"I don't want to steal the show... I only want to borrow it for a while"
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

It's possible the problem occurs if you are switching between viewing and editing the song in the show view. In that case, exiting and reopening the show should clear that up.

If you can reproduce the problem, please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support with the steps to reproduce it so I can fix it.

chuckpuckett

Arlo,
That's definitely the situation where it happens. OTOH, that's the best arrangement for tweaking a scroll speed: change Duration, click back to see if scroll is "correct".
Can you suggest another procedure for tweaking the scroll?
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

No, but I'll check and see if I can improve that. Meanwhile, simply switching to another song and then back to the one you're editing might also work around the problem.

chuckpuckett

At rehearsal last night, the "Variable Scroll Speed" problem occurred again, a couple of times. This was while I was the master trying to drive 2 slave iPads with Remote Control Device Linking. Had nothing to do with editing a song and returning to Show mode, but as follows:

I used my AirTurn pedal to pause the scroll, so we could keep it on the screen. When I toggled to resume the scroll, it was running faster. I had to keep using the pedal to keep the song from running off the screen. Very distracting while playing and singing.

While I'm talking about it, I've also had my master SLM just "go away" when driving a song for slave iPad. The app just disappears in mid-song. The slave apps stick around, but I have to restart the master. This is a frustration in rehearsal (happened a couple of times last night). It would be unacceptable at a gig. I'm getting a little trepidatious worrying if SLM is gonna leave me hanging in a live situation.
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com

arlo

I used my AirTurn pedal to pause the scroll, so we could keep it on the screen. When I toggled to resume the scroll, it was running faster. I had to keep using the pedal to keep the song from running off the screen. Very distracting while playing and singing.

See the third bullet point here for an explanation:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/performing.html#autoscroll

While I'm talking about it, I've also had my master SLM just "go away" when driving a song for slave iPad. The app just disappears in mid-song. The slave apps stick around, but I have to restart the master. This is a frustration in rehearsal (happened a couple of times last night). It would be unacceptable at a gig. I'm getting a little trepidatious worrying if SLM is gonna leave me hanging in a live situation.

Since this is a whole new question, please start a new forum thread or send a message from Help > Request Tech Support in the app.

chuckpuckett

Thanks, that looks like it should be the problem
Chuck Puckett
www.bimini-road.com