Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Text on Stage Plot PDF not clear

Started by Lew, April 10, 2015, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

When I view or print the PDF of my Stage Plot the text is very blurred/pixelated almost to the point of being un-readable.

arlo

Lew

I am using the app on an iPad mini.

arlo

Does it have a Retina display? Currently the resolution of the PDF is related to (and limited by) the resolution of your device's screen.

Can you email a stage plot to me (setlistmaker at arlomedia dot com) so I can see it?

Lew

It's a first gen mini and I'm honestly not sure if it has a retina display. As a side note I use SetList Maker on this same device and those PDF's come out fine...I am emailing a plot to you now..

arlo

Your text is a little blurry, but I had no problem reading it on the screen or on a printout.

Your first-generation iPad mini does not have a Retina display, so a device with a Retina display would be noticeably sharper. Making the PDF resolution independent of the screen resolution is on my to do list.

Lew

Thanks for taking a look at this issue. I appreciate your work and I understand this is the first release of the app. I really use the Set List Maker a lot and am looking forward to any updates you come up with on Stage Plot Maker. I have a couple wish list items I would like to see added to the app. Should I start a new topic for that kind of thing or do you have a specific place for those types of posts?

arlo

Merlimau26

Hi Lew

On my Samsung Note 10.1 with Android SLM my pdf looks as well a bit blur. I think it comes from the jpg file which is embedded in the PDF file. Try attached score which I have created directly out of Musescore. This PDF score is made by "notes" and "text" and not jpg. Looks that better?

Merlimau26

EDIT: Just realized that this is Stage Plot PDF. I'm not sure if my comment is helpful.

Lew

**Update on this issue.....

I discovered that if I use app in landscape orientation and maximize the stage plot on my ipad mini before emailing the pdf out of the app the text is clear and very readable. If emailed from the app with the ipad mini in portrait orientation the text is blurry.

arlo

That's right, the display size is currently related to the print resolution ... using landscape orientation or reducing the size of the navigation column will both increase the resolution.

arlo

I just submitted app version 1.0.2, which generates PDFs independently of the screen resolution. So your emailed and printed set lists will now be 100dpi regardless of what kind of device you have.