Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Google Calendar export/upload

Started by Klark, September 07, 2015, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klark

Hello Arlo.  Just wondering if there's a feature to export or upload our schedule to our Google Calendar?  If not, would that be possible to add in a future update?  If not possible to add, what about allowing only certain schedule data to be embedded onto our website and publicly viewable?

arlo

That's on my to do list for later this year.

Klark

Quote from: arlo on September 08, 2015, 09:16:27 AM
That's on my to do list for later this year.
Awesome!  Thank you so much!

jimmyking

An iCal sync option would be awesome, too.

arlo

Yes, I'll implement both if there are no significant obstacles.

arlo

I've set up both of these features and they are available for beta testing. Please email me directly at arlo -at- bandhelper -dot- com if you'd like to try it and give feedback.

arlo

This is available now ... here are the instructions:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/scheduling_events.html#widget

Currently the web widget only displays the event name, date/time and address, but I will soon be adding custom fields to events and then you could add custom fields for things like ticket price, age restriction, etc.

BlindFish

As i didn't know about this myself i'd like to mention that new events or changes to existing events take up to eight hours to appear in a Google calendar in which the BandHelper Schedule calender is embedded.

It looks like Microsoft is providing an argument that makes it possible to have shorter update intervals but as far as i can see, there is no such option for Google calendar.

arlo

That's right, and unfortunately there is no way to manually refresh a Google calendar to make it display new events on demand.