Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Stage plots and web interface

Started by hillbilly, April 17, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbilly

So it appears that stage plot creation and editing is only available on the phone/tablet app? The only options I see on the web interface are for adding notes and contact info.

arlo

That's correct. Since this functionality uses touch-screen gestures for moving, rotating, etc. it would be difficult to implement the same functionality in the web interface. Maybe some day.

The notes and contact info are still available for editing in the web interface because that's more oriented toward data entry (typing).

hillbilly

GC

I was expecting to be able to list / view / print stage plots from the web interface. Is or will this be possible?
Best regards

arlo

Maybe some day, but a website doesn't have the PDF creation capabilities that an app has, so it would take a relatively large effort to implement this, with a relatively small benefit since you can perform these tasks in the app.

keysandfrets

Just adding my three pennies-worth to this thread -  8)

I also would like to create stage plots in the web interface. To me, it makes more sense to do this on a bigger screen with a proper keyboard for typing. If the plots sync to the apps, then the apps can be used for printing PDF - although, the set lists can be printed as PDFs from the web interface, so it seems the problem of creating them there is solved?

Reason why I prefer the web interface? Frankly, clicking on the + signs and tapping to add things on my Android devices seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it does if i wait several seconds without touching, sometimes not. Sometimes it happens instantly. At least with a mouse click or keypress I know for certain the input is registered by the device. Input recognition is better on iPad but still offer potential frustration.

So, Stage Plots in the web interface is loads of work to implement, no doubt - but would be a winner for me. I've kind of given up trying on my Android devices, as a luxury that a bit too tricky to bother with.

;D
RG

arlo

viger

+1 on some sort of stage plot view on the website.  While I can live with creating the plot on the app (for now...given some enhancements), there should be a way to see the stage plot you created when on the website.  Have the app convert to a jpg and sync it with the web...or something like that.  Then just show a listing of the stage plots and display the graphic.  I'm starting a new post on additional features in the stage plot app...

Thanks!

arlo

Quote from: viger on July 13, 2017, 07:40:25 PM
+1 on some sort of stage plot view on the website.  While I can live with creating the plot on the app (for now...given some enhancements), there should be a way to see the stage plot you created when on the website.  Have the app convert to a jpg and sync it with the web...or something like that.

I just added that to my wish list.

ChrisHinshaw

Just sent this as feedback, but thought it might be useful here. Really appreciate the forum!

On my Android tablet, when creating instruments that are either overlapping (like a drum kit), it's often impossible to select items that are close to or underneath other items. In many drawing programs, you can select a buried item from a list instead of clicking on it. It would also be great to be able to move items up or down relative to other items, instead of only being able to send them to the back.

When pinch-zooming, my display only zooms from the upper left (meaning that the lower right portion of the diagram is pushed out of view) and is fixed in that position until I click on the arrow that takes me back to the Plot List. I can't move the image around to get to the lower part of the diagram.

It would also be helpful to be able to name all items. At this point, I can't name amps and other stuff.

arlo

On my Android tablet, when creating instruments that are either overlapping (like a drum kit), it's often impossible to select items that are close to or underneath other items. In many drawing programs, you can select a buried item from a list instead of clicking on it.

You can click an item in one of the lists (Inputs, Outputs, etc) to select it and then you can grab it and move it more easily.

When pinch-zooming, my display only zooms from the upper left (meaning that the lower right portion of the diagram is pushed out of view) and is fixed in that position until I click on the arrow that takes me back to the Plot List. I can't move the image around to get to the lower part of the diagram.

After zooming, you can do a long-press and then drag to move the view.

It would also be helpful to be able to name all items. At this point, I can't name amps and other stuff.

You can select an item, then click its options button, then enter a name into the popup.

ChrisHinshaw

Drums don't show up on the list. Building a kit, positioning all the components, and getting the layering correct doesn't seem to be worthwhile. I probably just need to simplify the kit.

In my Android app, there is no option to name amps. The only options are Rotation and Move To Back.

arlo

Okay, you're right, drums and amps can't be named and don't appear in the lists. They're really just there to give the sound crew a reference point for where to position mics. For amps, you can name the mic that's used to mic the amp to provide more info -- for example, you could name the mic "Fender Twin Reverb" to indicate what it's micing. For the drums, it will be somewhat tedious to get the pieces positioned correctly, but once you get a good setup, you can at least copy and paste it between stage plots to reuse it.