Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recording Start/Stop/Restart

Started by Garethla, May 07, 2015, 01:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garethla

Hi Folks, quick question.

I use the IK Multimedia Blueboard to trigger recordings,backing tracks.  I have set a button to start the recording but if i stop and start again it simply carries on where it originally stopped. Is there anyway to have it Start and  then restart from the beginning once stopped.

Use case: I hit the start but the band miss the que so i want to quickly stop and restart without fumbling around and going back a page a back again..

Is there a way i can set this up?

thanks

arlo

The single recording button always pauses/resumes. This is by popular demand; it used to work the way you are describing it.

To restart the recording, you can reselect the song. If you are showing the song list in your layout, you can select the same song in the list again. If you are not showing the song list, you will have to move to the next or previous song and back again.

Alternatively, you can add the Recording Controls to your layout. Then you can tap the rewind button in the recording controls to restart the recording.

Garethla

Thanks,

the reason for asking is that i am not always near the iPad when we kickoff a song... Can we add a Start/Stop&Rewind to the wishlist ?

I am trialling Bandhelper, (have been a long time SLM user).. its a great product, editing sets through web app makes life so much easier....  keep up the good fight!

g

arlo

the reason for asking is that i am not always near the iPad when we kickoff a song... Can we add a Start/Stop&Rewind to the wishlist ?

Since you're using a remote control device and can't rely on screen gestures to override the default behavior, the best solution I can think of is adding a new remote control action to reselect the current song. A more direct solution would be a remote control action to rewind the current recording, but reselecting the current song would also do that and could be useful for other situations. I'll put that on my wish list.

I am trialling Bandhelper, (have been a long time SLM user).. its a great product, editing sets through web app makes life so much easier....  keep up the good fight!

Thanks!

Garethla

Great thanks. I will keep an eye for it in the future