Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Syncing document zoom position/font size

Started by Sander, May 04, 2015, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sander

I'm using an iPad 4 and a Samsung Note 4 with the same database, two devices with vastly different screen size and resolution. Though the Note's screen is only 5.7 inch, the resolution is much higher than that of the iPad. In order to avoid sizing issues, I've disabled the font size sync and document zoom position sync on both devices. However, any chord progressions or song outlines I enter in the "chords" field still seem to transfer zoom settings to the other device.

Is there any way to avoid this?

arlo

You're right, the chords font sizes are always synced even if the lyrics font sizes are set to not sync. I'll change that next time I update the apps (iOS and Android).

FWIW, the apps scale the font sizes proportionally to the screen size, so the line wrapping should come out the same when syncing between different devices. This means if you scale your lyrics text to be as large as it can be without wrapping, it will be as large as it can be without wrapping on each device that it syncs to. That means the actual text sizes will be larger on a larger screen and smaller on a smaller screen.

Sander

Line wrapping is definitely not in sync between my Note 4 and my iPad 4. It it were I would have no complaints because that's exactly what I'm trying to do - to scale for maximum size without line breaks.

arlo

I can check it if you send a message from Help > Request Tech Support on the device that has the problem, and include the name of a song that exhibits the problem.

Sander

Sent. It's really all songs and I don't know if it's the Note 4 or the iPad that has the problem, they just don't do well together.

arlo

All right, I see the problem with scaling the font sizes between platforms, and have fixed that in my working copy. This will be included in the next Android release, which unfortunately is a month or two away because the next release will be a larger feature release.

Sander

Cool, I can live with that! :)
Thanks for looking into it!

arlo

Just to confirm -- currently if you set a font size on your Android device, then sync the font size to the iOS device, the font is too small on iOS, right? And conversely if you set a font size on iOS, it will then appear too large on Android?

Sander

Yup!

At least that's the case for my iPad 4 and my Note 4.
The Note has a QHD resolution and is running Android Lollipop (also did it on KitKat). The iPad had this issue on iOS 7 and 8 (latest).

arlo

This will be fixed in the upcoming app version 1.3, which I'll release as soon as Apple releases the corresponding iOS update.

The fix might change font sizes that you set on an Android device at half the size. If this is the case, you can tap Help > Troubleshooting > Update Font Sizes in the Android app to rescale the existing sizes. If you set some of your font sizes on Android and some on iOS, you would only want to use this function if the majority of the font sizes are incorrect, because you will then have to manually update the rest.

Once the sizes are set the way you want them, then the scaling across devices should be automatic after that.