Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Disastrous Results From Installing New 4.1.8 Patch

Started by fleahead, June 21, 2015, 08:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleahead

After installing the latest version patch 4.1.8, most of my hand entered lyrics text is pretty screwed up, mainly text colors are randomly mixed and changed. However, a few songs are now unplayable, and causes SLM to crash to the desktop. I can not even view the song in the SONGS display. The bad part is that we discovered this issue on stage during a job. That is rather embarrassing and makes for an unprofessional impression. I have sent Arlo a troubleshooting report, but if you rely on lyrics display during performances, I'd lay off this patch for awhile.

Why isn't there some way to roll back from a version change like this. This isn't the first time I've ran into serious issues after installing untested (or inadequately tested) releases.
Jim in Ohio

arlo

After installing the latest version patch 4.1.8, most of my hand entered lyrics text is pretty screwed up, mainly text colors are randomly mixed and changed.

I will respond to your email message about that when I am back at my desk on Tuesday.

However, a few songs are now unplayable, and causes SLM to crash to the desktop. I can not even view the song in the SONGS display.

See this page for info about some songs crashing:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1007.0.html

The bad part is that we discovered this issue on stage during a job. That is rather embarrassing and makes for an unprofessional impression.

See this page about best practices for installing new app versions:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,475.0.html

Why isn't there some way to roll back from a version change like this. This isn't the first time I've ran into serious issues after installing untested (or inadequately tested) releases.

Neither the Apple App Store nor the Google Play Store support rolling back or installing previous app versions. One  reason is that new app versions often change the way the data is structured inside the app, to support new functionality, and it would essentially be impossible for an older version of the app to display your data correctly after the data has been updated by a newer version of the app.