Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add A Song Tab - Can you make it bigger?

Started by Drums_luv_it, May 19, 2015, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drums_luv_it

Hi, love the app!

My only issue is when someone calls out for a request and I need to get the song up super quick, when I'm in the show I click 'ADD A SONG' but the letter shortcuts down the side are rather small and I sometimes hit the wrong song because of it.

Is there anyway to customise or enlarge the size of the 'ADD A SONG' tab so its easier to select the exact letter/song i need.

arlo

Do you mean you're tapping the Quick Add button to invoke the Add a Song popup?

There is no way to customize the sizing or spacing of the letter shortcuts. On iOS, this is generated by the operating system and I can't change it at all; on Android, I set up the shortcuts to match the iOS version, so I could change it but I'd prefer to keep them consistent. I can see this being too small to use accurately during a performance, but I'd have to come up with a new interface approach rather than using this standard design pattern. I'll put that on my wish list.

Drums_luv_it

Ok Arlo, thank for getting back so quickly.

Thats exactly my issue.

If there was some sort of way we could tackle the issue of needing to add a song quickly that would be fantastic!

Also, have you thought about maybe creating a 'random setlist maker' tool. I know bands have so much trouble coming up with setlists all the time. If there was a way you could create a random setlist that would be cool. Esepcially if there was some way you could make it go from slow songs to fast songs or from genre to genre using the data entered etc.

Just an idea :)

arlo

If there was some sort of way we could tackle the issue of needing to add a song quickly that would be fantastic!

I think the Quick Add button is pretty good, the popup list just isn't sized well for quick use on stage like the rest of the show view is.

Also, have you thought about maybe creating a 'random setlist maker' tool. I know bands have so much trouble coming up with setlists all the time. If there was a way you could create a random setlist that would be cool. Esepcially if there was some way you could make it go from slow songs to fast songs or from genre to genre using the data entered etc.

Yes, a random set list generator is on my wish list.