Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Restoring when purchasing new version

Started by Kkpiano, June 07, 2015, 01:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kkpiano

I attempted to upgrade Setlist maker, but bought it with an apple account I no longer have. I purchased the new version with my new Apple ID. I saved my databases from the old version in iCloud. I also did the export to band helper as an attempt to have an extra backup. Does anyone have suggestions to retrieve all of my work?

arlo

Upgrading the app normally does not affect your data. Are you saying your data is gone? Did you migrate to a new device, or delete and reinstall the app?

Kkpiano

I kept it on the same device, but bought the new version with a different Apple ID.

arlo

You asked how to "retrieve all of my work," but I can't tell from your description what problem you are having. Also when you say you "bought the new version," I don't know what you mean by that because version updates are free and you don't have to buy them. Can you start over and state what the problem is and what specific action triggered the problem?

Kkpiano

Thank you. I have had this app for quite some time. I have 4 databases with list of songs and lyrics to many of them. I attempted recently to attach a document (a chart) to a song, and it said it was a paid update. Back when I bought the app, I had a different account with Apple, so it told me I had to buy the app all over again with my new Apple ID. I did a backup of my iPad to keep all of my databases before I made the purchase, and now I want to pull them back in from my iCloud, but if I restore my iPad, I am afraid I won't be able to retrieve those old databases in the new app.

arlo

You still haven't answered this question directly: Is your data no longer in your app?

Kkpiano

arlo

What actions led up to the data not being in the app? Did you delete the app before purchasing it with the new account?

Kkpiano

I saved a backup of the old version to iCloud and deleted the app because it would not let me purchase the new once since I already owned the app on my iPad.

arlo

I think you could have purchased the app from another device or from your computer. I'm not sure how that works, but I always consider deleting the app to be the last resort because it deletes all your data.

Did you restore your device from your backup after deleting and reinstalling the app?