Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Organize Tag Lists by Sort Order?

Started by chris@katsukurimedia, March 03, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@katsukurimedia

Tags have a Sort Order parameter which is great. But that sort order isn't honored in menus like Edit Song or the Filters in the full song list. 

So as I create new Tags, things are in the order that I added them over time, not the Sort Order. In my attachment you can see I just added some Date Genres at the bottom (60s, 70s, etc), but since I made 80s and 90s a long time ago, they are at the top of the list. This makes it difficult to add the right tags as I'm searching through the list.

Can these lists honor the Sort Order? And if not, can they at least be Alphabetical?

Thanks!

arlo

I'll check this out and get back to you.

arlo

Is this fixed now? It should use the sort order, but that was broken with the database upgrade on Feb. 28.

chris@katsukurimedia

tags in the Website editor or the Filters on left of Songs view are still in their created order, not by Sort order. so this isn't resolved.

not the end of the world, but would be nice at some point. thanks!

arlo

Okay, please try it now. Tags (and projects) should be sorted primarily by their sort order, and secondarily by name, with any items that don't have a sort order at the bottom of the list.

chris@katsukurimedia

Quote from: arlo on March 22, 2017, 09:06:07 AM
Okay, please try it now. Tags (and projects) should be sorted primarily by their sort order, and secondarily by name, with any items that don't have a sort order at the bottom of the list.
Perfect! this makes it much much easier to classify/tag songs. THANKS!!