Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Display ChordPro annotations

Started by levous, October 09, 2017, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levous

After 20 years of never quite settling on how to format my chord/lyrics documents, I'm really thrilled with ChordPro.  Love it!

I'd like to see some of the meta info such as title displayed properly.

I'd also love to see chords presented. 

Here's a javascript library that is free to use that you could integrate:  http://jtab.tardate.com/#notation

Rather than:

this:

arlo

You should cut and paste the title and artist from the Lyrics field into the song's Title and Artist fields. If you import ChordPro files rather than copying and pasting them into the Lyrics field, that will happen automatically.

For the chord diagrams, that's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you. Meanwhile, you could enter your chords in a text-based format as shown here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1215.0.html

That would take a while to set up, so you'd probably only want to do it for uncommon chords where you need a reminder.

Ahiru

Related...  I'd like to include a few trickier chord diagrams in the Notes (so I only pop it up in a performance if I'm concerned about remembering them).  However, I'd want to be able to change Notes to monospaced fonts so they are more conducive to DIY character-based chord diagrams, but NOT use monospaced fonts for the Lyrics (which would lose too much real estate compared to proportional fonts).

So I also vote for chord diagrams, but prefer to support them in Notes fields as an option.

And in the meantime a setting to set Notes to monospaced fonts without also changing Lyrics fonts would be nice.   :)

arlo

I recommend using the Chords field, which always uses a monospace font regardless of the lyrics font, and which can be flipped open and closed as needed when viewing a song.

Ahiru

QuoteI recommend using the Chords field, which always uses a monospace font regardless of the lyrics font, and which can be flipped open and closed as needed when viewing a song.

However I love the way the Chords field stays above the scrolling lyrics through the entire song, so I like to cram the Chords field with just a line or two of chord reminders (but not full diagrams, so it doesn't take up too much space) and let it stay on the screen the entire song.  Moreover so far we're automating everything so hands can stay on instruments other than to start the song.  But Notes seem nice for bringing up and dismissing a one-time reminder for an occasional pre-song panic "now what was that chord?!?".  So I'll probably just figure out some way to represent chord diagrams with the proportional font.