Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Copy and paste question

Started by Neill00, March 19, 2022, 10:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

I reported what may be a bug with regard to the copy and paste, but it may just be my ipad.  That aside is there a way to copy and paste from shared lyrics into personal lyrics and keep all the formatting?

Right now if I try to copy anything into the personal from the shared it crashes the app both on my ipad and on my imac.  I don't ever recall getting it to work prior to the crashing issue but it doesn't seem to work on the website even if I use "Shift, option, command V" which is all I can test at this time.

I'd like to be able to copy and paste text colour and markers.

arlo

There's a bug in iOS and macOS that causes a crash if you paste into an empty multi-line field. You can work around it by typing something (just one letter) into the empty field, then deleting it, then pasting.

When I tried it, with Settings > General Settings > Paste Text Formatting turned on, the bold/italic/underline and markers were copied. Unfortunately, text colors are not copied. I'm not sure why; when I try pasting into other apps, the colors copy over in some apps but not others.

Neill00

Thanks for the tip that will save some time for me.  I'm OK with redoing any colour schemes if the markers are pasted.  I will go into settings and make sure paste text formatting is turned on.

**** I tested it and you are correct it now copies the markers but it doesn't copy the marker names which wouldn't matter too much to me except with and empty marker name it won't save.  So I have to go in and give them all a name before saving.

arlo

What problem did you have when saving? It saved for me fine without marker names.

Neill00

None of the markers save unless I name them.  If I name 2 out of 7, when I save I have those 2 markers and the rest disappear and when I go back into the edit song, they are gone from there as well even though they were there when I save it.  There must be something going on with my ipad or account etc.  I think there is a lot of weird behaviour that I am experiencing that isn't being experienced by anyone else or that you can reproduce.

arlo

Oh, actually I see that the markers are removed after saving and reloading if the markers don't have names. I'll see what I can do about that.

arlo

In the new version 2022-05-20 released today, color formatting should copy and paste as long as Settings > General Settings > Paste Text Formatting is on.

Markers will also be preserved when pasting, but their names will revert to generic "Marker 1," "Marker 2," etc. This is because markers aren't a standard type of formatting that the operating system clipboard is designed to support. But at least they won't be lost and you can rename them after pasting if you are displaying the marker names.

Neill00

I hadn't noticed that my app had updated but I did noticed that all the format was pasting.  It may seem like a little thing but it's a big time saver.  Thanks!!