Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Import a setlist from an external source?

Started by AugustWest, July 22, 2023, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustWest

I have a browser-based javascript app I wrote that creates a fully random setlist for me, based upon certain parameters.
It works great for me, and builds an entire random setlist with one click.
Right now it only contains song titles, but I could easily expand it to contain song id's or whatever...

I'm wondering if there's any way I can import one of these setlists into BandHelper - for instance, if I were to format it properly using XML or JSON format, or something like that.

This may be well beyond the capabilities of BandHelper, but I figured I'd ask just in case!

AugustWest

Further searching turned up this thread: http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2031.msg8332.html#msg8332

Seems its not in the cards for me. I can just take the time to manually enter the rando setlists in BandHelper.

arlo

BandHelper can't import a set list, but you can make a random set list within BandHelper by adding songs to a set list, then clicking the options button (three dots) for the set heading and selecting the Random option.

Alternatively, you can add the Random Song button to your layout, then view a set list or smart list and click that to jump to a random song in that list. You can also trigger the Random Song function from an app control action (a screen gesture or a remote control device).

Or you can click the Quick Add button while viewing a set list or smart list, then click the Random button in the Quick Add popup to get a selection of three random songs. Then you can pick from among those three.