Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

IRig Blueboard

Started by bdbarr, September 26, 2023, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdbarr

Im haviong a real hard time getting my iRig Blueboard to talk to the Bandhelper app. Im a novice at this and not familier with Midi and all I want to do is use the Blueboard to move from one sog to another in the setlist on Bandhelper. Any insight would be appreciated.

arlo

Did you try the instructions on this page?

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,484.0.html

At what step did you get stuck?

JerryK

I tried not using their app but it was unreliable.
Use the app.
Don't ask me the details of the trouble, it was several years ago.

However, I can tell you I use just the 4 buttons, in CC mode (control change).
They are assigned to Midi channel 16 and controller numbers 80, 81, 82, 83. 
In BH, App Control, I chose Midi input port: Blueboard, channel 16, button style Latch.
Key repeat timers 0.2 and 0.5

Down in the Actions section (Choose ALL actions or many are hidden - my choices of button layout - in order of those choices in BH):
  Next Song - General Button 4 (cc83) - Next song
  Scroll doc up - "  "  1 (cc80) - Scroll up AND previous song when it gets to the top
  Scroll doc down - " "  3 (cc82) - Scroll down a bit
  Reselect cur song - " "  2 (cc81) - Start song

Some nice Dymo labels on the buttons and it has worked ever since.
I did get inside and cut the circuit board tracks feeding the 4 button LEDs, mostly because they go on and off with alternate presses of that button, which was annoying, but it seemed to me that I would save some battery life too.

You have to run the Blueboard app every time, to choose the Bluetooth device to talk to - the iPad for me.  It's easy.

bdbarr

Jerry, with your help I was able to get it to work, thanks so much!