Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Cannot save text size - Layout has changed

Started by Darug, October 17, 2023, 01:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darug

Today I went to practice, and when I went to resize and save the screen on my iPad, and couldn't. There looks like a new drop down menu, similar to what I already have.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Pic attached.

arlo

You can click the "aA" button in the toolbar to save your text size. You can long-press the toolbar buttons to see what they do.

Is the problem that the toolbar buttons aren't clickable when you have layout buttons in the same area?

Darug

Thank you for replying. It appears that there are 2 toolbars now, one of which has an arrow, that was never there before. So not all buttons were working correctly. I am set for Overlapping Buttons. Is there away to customise this new toolbar? Ie Add/remove items, as well as make larger?

arlo

The large buttons are part of your layout; you added those. The small buttons are part of the document toolbar, which can be opened and closed, but its contents cannot be added, removed or resized. (The toolbar will show different buttons depending on what kind of document you are viewing.)

Darug

Thank you.
I saw this is a feature added as of 6/10/23.
Very cool and similar to what I had.

If we could add/remove some items, plus resize, that would be cool.

TY

arlo

It's just a variation of the document tools menu that used to be there. Compared to the old menu, it has some additional functions, uses icons instead of text labels to be more scannable and can remain open if you want.

Darug

I had a few issues tonight at practice.

When I pressed the next song arrow (on the new toolbar), it went to something along the lines of the same document (from the document file?) and wouldn't go any further, if I tried the arrow again. I had issues last week with it displaying unformatted documents, or it was blank when it was a song , just showing the titles.

https://imgur.com/a/HJUeqOn
In the meantme I've restored the overlapping buttons I use.

Also Setlist would be handy on the new toolbar.

I also noticed it was a bit more difficult swiping to the next song tonight. I hope this feedback helps

arlo

When I pressed the next song arrow (on the new toolbar), it went to something along the lines of the same document (from the document file?) and wouldn't go any further

I'm not sure what this means. The previous/next arrows in the document toolbar will change to the previous or next document if the song has multiple documents attached. This is the same functionality that was previously and is still available by tapping the left or right third of the document viewer; it's just visible as buttons here for people who aren't aware of the hotspots.

Setlist would be handy on the new toolbar

I think you're referring to the song list button that shows the song list. The document toolbar is only for functions related to documents. It is not supposed to replace all layout buttons like the song list button you have on your layout. You can also show the song list with a configurable app control action like a two-fingered tap, and in the next update you will be able to toggle it with a double-tap when it is layered above the layout.

I also noticed it was a bit more difficult swiping to the next song tonight

That functionality hasn't changed.

paddy

Is there some trick with the new to get the layout/device specific lyric size to stay saved? Since upgrading to the new dropdown menu version, after re-sizing lyrics and then clicking the now Activated "Aa" icon to save, the changes don't persist after session is closed and then re-opened.

arlo

There's no trick and I don't see a problem on my end. Can you send a screen demo or video showing the problem?

How to record a screen demo on iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

paddy

So I've been monitoring this behaviour while prepping for a gig this weekend.  I'm using  the MacOS version on a layout specifically for my laptop and for which I am the only user in the layout's user list.  Through the week when I saved lyric size on that layout it seemed to stay from one BH launch to the next.  However at a band rehearsal last night all my sizes were again changed, as were the saved sizes of bandmates who are all on the iPad version.  As individuals adjusted their lyric size we started getting conflict notices with the dialog to choose the other person's settings or our own.  I had always assumed the saved lyric size was layout/user specific and in this case there is definitely no one else using my user id or layout.  Is there some basic setting we are missing to keep devices/users/layouts independent?

Failing that, as far as  a gig this weekend goes, do we just prevent any syncing and then reset our desired lyric sizes?

Should I submit a support ticket?

Thanks

arlo

Saved lyrics sizes are shared unless you turn on Settings > Account Sync > Personal Sync > Lyrics Font Sizes.

If you open the app and find that all the sizes are reset, or other settings are back to the defaults, I would force quit and restart the app and see if that fixes it. I've seen some cases lately where the local database didn't fully update after the app version was updated, but quitting and restarting fixes that.

paddy

Awesome, that seems like it should be the solution.  Is that new?  So if one chooses the "Lyrics" option presumably that means one could have personal content in the lyrics field?

arlo

arlo

In today's version 2023-10-27 release, if you add buttons to your layout on top the document viewer in the area where the document toolbar appears, as shown in the picture in the first post here, then when you open the document toolbar it will disable the buttons it covers so you can click the document toolbar buttons. Then you would need to close the document toolbar to again access the buttons it was covering.