Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Turning off "double tap opens full-screen mode"

Started by greiswig, November 04, 2023, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greiswig

I use split screen mode, but every so often my iPad registers a single tap as a double, and I'm in full-screen mode without a good way to get back. Yes, I can get the top menu to offer up the split-screen selection again, but when I hit that, it now shows me my desktop with Bandhelper minimized to the left of the screen.

I really just need to disable this feature, but I can't figure out how to get the song list in the left-hand panel of split screen view to ignore a double tap. Help?

arlo

The standard iOS double-tap gesture allows the space between taps to be pretty long, so two taps performed somewhat quickly will be interpreted as a double-tap. I might have to rewrite that code myself in order to tighten it up. Meanwhile, you can simply double-tap again to close the full-screen document if you accidentally open it.

greiswig

arlo

I was just experimenting with this and it looks like the maximum double-tap interval on iOS is about a half-second. So if you tap twice in that amount of time it will be interpreted as a double-tap. At some point I will completely remove the ability to double-tap to open a full-screen document from a split view layout and then this won't be a problem for you anymore. However, two taps within a half-second will still toggle the song list or document viewer visibility in layouts where those are layered on top.