Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi Changes with Multiple Segments in a Song

Started by PeterBeacock, December 11, 2023, 04:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterBeacock

I was reading online the other night in the forum, but cannot find the thread.  :o
Are we able to make a layout like this: Song Name ( loads first set of midi messages )
                                                                          First Chorus button ( send second set of midi messages  )
                                                                          Verse button ( back to first set of midi messages )
                                                                          Solo button ( send a third set of midi messages )           
Do I need a bluetooth page changer / how do I make these changes on the fly ??

arlo

QuoteI was reading online the other night in the forum, but cannot find the thread.

I think you're referring to this:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,3331.0.html

QuoteAre we able to make a layout like this

You can make a set of MIDI presets named like this:

Freebird - Verse
Freebird - Chorus
Freebird - Solo

Then put all the MIDI messages for each section into those presets. Each preset can send multiple messages. Or if you want to reuse those messages in different combinations for different songs, you can set up each message as a separate preset and attach those sub-presets to the song/section presets.

QuoteDo I need a bluetooth page changer / how do I make these changes on the fly

Here are some options:

• add the Multiple MIDI Presets item to a layout and click the button for the desired section
• assign a layout gesture like left/right swipe or two-/three-fingered tap to the Next/Previous MIDI app control actions
• assign foot switch messages to the Send MIDI 1-10 app control actions (if your foot switch has more than two buttons)
• assign foot switch messages to the Next/Previous MIDI app control actions
• assign user buttons on a keyboard to the Send MIDI 1-10 app control actions

If you use an option other than the first, it would also be helpful to do the first option so you can visually verify which MIDI preset is selected at any time.

PeterBeacock

Thanks so ,uch Arlo for the detailed reply.
I think this will make my six midi keybaord setup a lot easier!