Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Missing Action: ‚on Song selection‘

Started by dr_rollo, December 28, 2023, 04:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_rollo

Just setup an iPad for a band buddy, setup an account for him, installed BH app and synchronized.
First thing I noticed when I configured the layout and settings, that the Layout Action ,on song selection' is not available, which I always using for hide the song list. It's still available on all other devices, but not on the new one. Same iPad Modell, same iPadOS, same BH version.

arlo

The song list will hide automatically when selecting a song in a layout with Song List On Top layering.

That was added a few months ago, so it sounds like you don't have the current app version on your own devices.

dr_rollo

Actual Status is:
I have two iPads, same model (5th Gen.), same iPAD OS, same BH version. Once is mine, in use since a couple of years. The song list hides automatically when selecting a song, and your right, I can't see the option to hide the songlist on Song Selection. But it works for portrait and landscape.
The other iPad has been setup'd completely new, same OS, same BH version, same project, but the Songlist hide works only in landscape mode not in portrait. I've tried different layouts, but for portrait views - also the initial ones - the song list will not hided.
So I created a totally new layout from scratch, and that works as it should!
Just curious: in the utilities there are two options regaridng layouts:

• rename standard layouts
  • Copy layout actions to settings
performed the renam option, but didn't notice any changes.
What 'layout actions' are meant for the second option?

arlo

"Copy layout actions to settings" was related to an update a few months ago and isn't related to hiding the song list.

There's nothing about the layout's orientation that would change how its song list behaves. That is determined by the layout's Layering setting.