Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Playing setlist tracks one after the other

Started by PaddyP, January 14, 2024, 11:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaddyP

Hi all,
Newb here, sorry  ;)
I have input a bunch of songs; added lyrics, personal notes, colour coded and attached a Spotify link to each and made a few Smartlists based on the colour coding.
What I'd like to do for personal practice is to play a song on a list and have Spotify play the next song and all songs in that list one after the other.
I followed the advice in this thread (http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,3359.0.html) but was not successful.
After the song I chose, Spotify then played the next song off that album, not the next song on my list.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
p.s. I'm still trying to wrap brain around the layouts and customization so please explain like I'm 5  ;)
Cheers!
P

arlo

If you're putting links to Spotify recordings into your BandHelper songs, you would have to select each song in BandHelper and click its Spotify link. If you want to auto-play through a list of songs and you are using Spotify instead of adding purchased recordings to your BandHelper account, you would need to make a playlist in Spotify and play it from there.

PaddyP

Thanks for clarifying Arlo!
I guess I will have to get actual mp3s to attach to each song.
Awesome program and support!
Cheers!
P

arlo

Yes, that is the best option if you can do it. You're welcome!

PaddyP

Hi Arlo,
I have added mp3s to the vast majority of my songs now and I have some Smart lists set up but when I play the audio from one song, the next song on the list does not auto play next.
I'm sure that I'm missing something.
What I'd like to do, for practice, is to play along with a song and have the next one on the list play when the first is done.
Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers!

PaddyP

I have found your answer to this question in another thread...
please see the paragraph starting with "By default, the audio will stop when BandHelper reaches the end of the recording" on this page:
https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

Thanks again Arlo!
I'm off to set this up and actually practice my instrument  ;)

PaddyP

For those curious, here are the instructions...
By default, the audio will stop when BandHelper reaches the end of the recording. But you can configure specific layouts to automatically select the next song and start its recording. First, go to Settings > App Control, click Start Recording and set it to Layout Actions > Song Auto-Selection. Then go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details and turn on Select Next Song On Song Completion. Then you can view a set list and play the recording for the first song, and when that recording finishes, BandHelper will select the next song automatically, and its recording will play, and so on until you reach a pause, a set break or the end of the set list. BandHelper will wait for the time you defined in the set list as the Time Between Songs before starting the next recording, unless you also turn on the ...Ignoring Time Between Songs option. If you sometimes want to auto-advance through the recordings and sometimes not, you can copy your layout and name the copy "[layout name] Auto-Play," and change these settings only in the new copy. Then you can choose one layout or the other depending on whether or not you want this behavior.

Cheers!

PaddyP

Well, unfortunately that did not work on either of my devices.
When one song finished, it did move to the next song but I still had to press play for that one.
That's certainly not the end of the world to have to push a button, just not how I hoped it would work.
Cheers!

arlo

Did you go to Settings > App Control, click Start Recording and set it to Layout Actions > Song Auto-Selection?

Do you have a time between songs configured on the set list details edit page?

PaddyP

Thanks for the reply Arlo,
Yes, I've checked those settings on both devices. Start/Stop Recording-Layout Actions=Song Auto-Selection
On my phone it seems to be functioning as intended now (?) but on my tablet, it moves to the next song but does not start the next song. From what I can tell, I have the same settings on each device.
No, I have no time set up between songs.

arlo

Do you see the difference in functionality with the same set list and same song on both devices?

When the recording does not auto-play, does it still manually play when you click the recording button?

PaddyP

"Do you see the difference in functionality with the same set list and same song on both devices?"
Yes.
I have now checked that with a different pair on each setlist I have.

When the recording does not auto-play, does it still manually play when you click the recording button?
Yes. 
Its no big deal to press the button, just seems strange it's different.
I appreciate your time Arlo.
Cheers!

arlo

You can submit a help ticket here if you want to troubleshoot the functionality on your tablet:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia