Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Different break lengths

Started by Neill00, April 04, 2024, 01:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

I'm wondering if there's a way to prepare a setlist and incorporate breaks that aren't all the same length. Whether it's a request from be club or just our own experience at a certain club, sometimes it's smarter to have a shorter break between the second and third sets to try to keep the crowd. Of course is easy to just go on early but I like to rely on bandhelper's assistance in calculating the length of sets.

I've always just done standard 20 min or 30 min sets but I think this is starting to become a trend since we started back up after Covid, just like start and finish times are much earlier.

arlo

Yes, you can add custom set names like "Set 3 - short break" on the Repertoire > Set Names page, and set their Preceding Break Duration. Then assign those custom set names to your sets on a set list's Edit Songs page. Then those break durations will override the default time between sets.

Other uses for this function would be an encore set with a very short break, or a wedding gig where you have a longer break for dinner between two of the sets.