Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

A workaround this Bluetooth issue? (Not Bandhelper's fault)

Started by Graeme Hague, April 08, 2024, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graeme Hague

All my backing tracks are recordings created by myself and uploaded to sync with Bandhelper. All good, works brilliant. However, recently I've bought an ElectroVoice EV 50M PA system that allows me to play back BH and those backing tracks via Bluetooth, letting me "save" two channels on the 50M mixer.

My problem is the slight Bluetooth lag means I often miss the first "click" of my four-count count-in. One solution would be to add a second or two of silence in front of every recording, but that's over 70 tracks and a huge task.

I'm wondering if there's any setting in BH which, although not designed to solve this, might inadvertently fix the problem? Something that delays the playback long enough to allow the Bluetooth to kick in?

Thanks for any ideas.

arlo

I would suggest using the Line Ins on the mixer, but it looks like those are the same as channels 5-6 on that product. (Usually the line ins are separate from the mic/instrument inputs.) Running backing tracks through Bluetooth would scare me, but maybe it's reliable enough to not be an issue.

Does Settings > Audio & MIDI > Delay Recording 1 have the desired effect?

Graeme Hague

Thanks Arlo, sorry ... I didn't get an alert about your answer. I'll try that setting. Thanks!