Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Managing multiple users in band, different MIDI presets

Started by bironology, August 12, 2024, 01:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bironology

Hello,

My bandmate and I are starting to prepare an account for the rest of the band. We are having trouble understanding the relationship between songs and MIDI presets as it relates to multiple users.

If 3 of us in the band have MIDI-controllable instruments, obviously each of us will have our own MIDI presets with MSB, LSB, and PC codes for our unique instrument config. The song definition, however, seems to only support a list of midi presets regardless of the user. Smart copy seemed like a possibility, but any setlist a band leader creates will have the original songs, not the personal smart copy (which isn't "personal", as I understand it).

In the app, I see the Account Sync option for personal settings for various things, including "MIDI Song Number", but not MIDI preset.

Is there a best practice someone could recommend?

thanks! The system is fantastic and we're all excited to get the band using it, but the tech experts in the band have to get this kinda stuff sorted before we wave in the luddites. :)

arlo

You can assign your MIDI presets only to yourself (that's the default when you add a new MIDI preset) but then everyone would attach their MIDI presets to the corresponding song. Then when you view a song and send its presets, only yours will be sent.

CaptCrunch

Thanks for the suggestion Arlo. We'll give it a try. We need to make this experience as frictionless as possible before we put it in front of the Muggles in our group.

bironology

Quote from: arlo on August 12, 2024, 04:19:24 PMYou can assign your MIDI presets only to yourself (that's the default when you add a new MIDI preset) but then everyone would attach their MIDI presets to the corresponding song. Then when you view a song and send its presets, only yours will be sent.

Thanks arlo, as you suggested, while in performance view, other users' presets are not processed by the single MIDI button, and filtered out from the MIDI preset list layout control.