Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Triggering Midi Presets with foot switch.

Started by KeytarPaul, August 17, 2024, 04:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeytarPaul

I wish App Control had Midi Learn.
I can't get a MidiCaptian Footswitch  to Select or Trigger a Midi Preset in a song with Multiple Presets.
It's sending Note data that shows up in the Midi Monitor but it's not changing the preset.

arlo

What note messages is it sending? (What appears in the MIDI status window?) You can also look at the remote control status window, which might translate the MIDI messages to note numbers.

KeytarPaul

With the Midi Captain FtSw set to Midi Note G5

The Midi Status window and the App Control Status Window both receive:
[94,43,7F] from Raspberry Pi Pico(95) on PRESS - [94,43,00] from Raspberry Pi Pico(95) on RELEASE

No midi Note Number mentioned

Searching online I find the G5 is MIDI note number 79 is G5
But using 79 in the App Control for any Send Midi 2 through 7 does not work.

In App Control, SEND MIDI is set to Song Selection and Works every time, changing the Performance Program on my MOXF8.
I don't use Send Midi 1 because I assume it's the 1st Preset used for Song Selection.

Is THAT the problem?
Should I start with Send Midi 1 for Song Selection instead of SEND MIDI?

arlo

It looks like your foot switch is sending MIDI note G4, which is number 67 (the 43 shown in the activity log is 67 represented in hexadecimal). So you should select MIDI note 67 in the app control settings.

You would use Send MIDI 1-10 if you have multiple MIDI presets and you want to send one specific preset. You would use Send MIDI if you only have one preset, or want to send all the presets for a song, or want to send the preset specified in Settings > General > Defaults.

If that doesn't resolve it, please submit a help ticket so I can see your settings.

KeytarPaul

Sorry for the late-update. Your suggestion and help with the note number deciphering worked perfectly.