Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sync?

Started by omygind, August 19, 2024, 07:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omygind

In order to optain maximum stability and speed and avoid any interference our band is using a stand-aloner wifi router without any internet connection.
Does sync require internet (access to cloud) inorder to sync?

Is there any other way to sync as all our devices are close to each other and connected?

Secondly:
If one member adds a new song to the setlist we are using - and then shift to another setlist - and later back to the first setlist, then no sync has been executed automatically and the new song does not show up in other members setlist!
I though sync was triggered for every app change? Did I miss some seetings?
Or is there a way to set interval for sync?

arlo

1. You need an Internet connection to synchronize edits to your data. However, if you use the Quick Add function to add a song to a set list while performing, that change will be shared through the Live Sharing function.

2. If you actually edit the set list, that edit will trigger a sync on that device, but the other devices won't sync until you leave and return to the app, or click the Sync button in the top toolbar and click Sync Now. If you use the Quick Add function to add a song to the set list while performing, that won't count as an edit unless you turn on Settings > General > Save Quick Added Songs and won't trigger a sync until you leave the set list, or click Sync Now. We want to minimize syncing while performing to avoid any interruptions to the other functions.

Insider0203

I didn't know quick added songs don't count as a "sync" and show up on other devices during live sharing. This is certainly useful.

But if I'm understanding this right, reordering the songs in a setlist would count as an edit to the set list, which would then need to be synced over the internet for other devices?

Is there anyway way that reordering songs in the set could be synced over live sharing like quick added songs are?

I searched the forum and saw that other users have asked for "offline syncing" since very often, bands use wifi routers with no internet connection at gigs. You said that this would likely not be implemented as it would require two different syncing methods. But if reordering songs in a set can be synced just like quick added songs, I think that would be good enough instead of full online syncing.

arlo

My assumption is that you don't want to mess with editing a set list during a performance. (Maybe during a set break.) Instead, you can simply select whatever song you want to play on the lead device, and that same song will be selected on the following devices. See also "HOW CAN I ADD SONGS OR REARRANGE MY SET LIST WHILE PERFORMING" in the FAQ:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/FAQ.html

omygind

Playing /performing songs the way our band is doing (very randomly on the fly) we very much want to edit/change the setlist on the fly. Or more precise, the setlist is more like a basic list of songs that we want to add to on the fly (and rearrange).
Actually all members do this during the show ;-)

Arlo, an urgent issue: we have a gig on Thursday and just realized that one of the iPads can't be seen by the other iPads - well it can be seen, but when trying to follow events then it does not show up.
However it works the other way around, the 'faulty' iPad can follow events from my iPad.
I notice that other iPads show ip address in ipv4 as the faulty one shows the ip6 (20:1A:94:C7:0E:98).

omygind

I tried to select 'use old peer networking', but this result in program exit (same behavior on other iPads as well) :-(

What's next?

arlo

QuotePlaying /performing songs the way our band is doing (very randomly on the fly) we very much want to edit/change the setlist on the fly.

A set list is a pre-planned list of songs in a pre-planned order. If you aren't planning your songs in advance, I recommend viewing a smart list and selecting songs from that, rather than building a set list as you perform.

Quoteone of the iPads can't be seen by the other iPads

Please submit a help ticket, and use this thread only to discuss its original topic.